The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Don't Worry Be Happy

The first time I heard it I actually thought it was some old song getting the dust knocked off it as it was taken out of the vault. I remember thinking, "TG I won't have to ever hear that again." Oy gevult!

Having my Baby <shudders>
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lin View Post
    Jesus Take the Wheel
    Have you seen the youtube spoof "Jesus take the REEL"? sung by guys fishing, and they catch a really big fish?

Quote Originally Posted by big_red_ottb View Post
    Red Solo Cup has to be my most hated song. I never really liked Toby Keith, and I'm not particularly fond of country music, but I tolerated it/him. But Red Solo Cup just drives me up. a. wall.
    This. Not as annoying but I also hate the song where he says "We'll put a boot in your ass, its the American Way".

And after working at Kohls part time I've developed a special hate for the music reels that play in department stores.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doolittle View Post
    The Pina Colada song! GAG, ECK, BLECH, BARF!

Where is that vomit icon?
    Tell it! I hate this song with a white hot passion!

1 members found this post helpful.

Any song ever recorded by Tony Orlando and Dawn.

It's are a real toss up between "Tie a Yellow Ribbon" and "Knock Three Times."
    Where Norwegian Fjords Rule
    http://www.ironwood-farm.com

Don't Worry Be Happy
    Oh god yes

Anything by Rascal Flatts but first and foremost their "I Miss Mayberry" song.

When they come on the radio I just want to smash my car into a lamp pole, find a litter of puppies to kick, puncture my eardrums with rusted cocktail forks and then hunt down their whiny, nasaly, spiky-haired frosted-tipped wiener of a lead singer so I can kick him in the family gold then carve out his vocal cords with my fingernails.

16 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by GaitedGloryRider View Post
    Anything by Rascal Flatts but first and foremost their "I Miss Mayberry" song.

When they come on the radio I just want to smash my car into a lamp pole, find a litter of puppies to kick, puncture my eardrums with rusted cocktail forks and then hunt down their whiny, nasaly, spiky-haired frosted-tipped wiener of a lead singer so I can kick him in the family gold then carve out his vocal cords with my fingernails.
    Tell us, please, how you REALLY feel!

I am no fan of Taylor Swift either, but can see her appeal to the teen generation. She is eminently relatable - she writes about stuff they care DESPERATELY about - boys! And in such an accessible way . Seriously, her voice just grates but her looks for sure haven't hurt her, anymore than Stevie Nicks did back in her day, but at least she did have vocal chops and a decent diaphragm.

Anything country---specifically the crap I have to hear on Sirius' Highway channel at work!
    I LOVE my Chickens!

4 members found this post helpful.

Pretty much anything by Pink Floyd. I seriously HATE Pink Floyd, but it's the stupid cash register song that really drives my batty. Everything they do sounds like nails on a chalk board to me.
    “While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats.” Mark Twain

5 members found this post helpful.

Anything by Toby Keith, Neil Diamond or Dan Hill.

I pull the cord out of the wall if I am working in the barn.
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!

I'd also like to add Rod Stewart's "If you think I'm sexy" song.

I can't think of a male specimen less worthy of singing that song. Those lyrics coming out of that mouth just skeeve me out. The song is pretty dang annoying too.

10 members found this post helpful.

I hate 50 cent. I have been known to eject friend's' CDs and toss them out the window. I have scared my BF on several occassions when I have freaked when he has come on the radio. I also hate Gucci Mane (just because of his name Mane is horse hair.... not what he thinks it is, whatever that may be)

Katie Perry that song "fireworks' drives me nutz and since you mentioned it I haven't even heard the song in week but it is stuck in my freaking head

What the hell is the pina colada song?
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

Quote Originally Posted by Nootka View Post
    I hate 50 cent. I have been known to eject friends CDs and toss them out the window. I have scared my BF on several occassions when I have freaked when he has come on the radio. I also hate Gucci Mane (just because of his name Mane is horse hair.... not what he thinks it is, whatever that may be)

Katie Perry that song "fireworks' drives me nutz and since you mentioned it I haven't even heard the song in week but it is stuck in my freaking head

What the hell is the pina colada song?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVdhZwK7cS8

I used to work at a karaoke bar ages ago. I've developed a special hatred for that song too as a result.

And "Love Shack" by the B-52's. Used to like the song but after being forced to hear scores of drunken yuppies butcher it EVERY Friday and Saturday night for EIGHT YEARS, I hate it.

On the Katy Perry note I can't stand that stupid Peacock song. A whole generation of teeny-boppers singing along to the lyrics "I wanna see your pea-cock-cock-cock". Skanky.

ETA: "My Maria". Also a karaoke-induced hatred. My name is Maria and every drunken fool who'd struck out with all the drunk chicks at the bar would try to woo me with that song as a last resort to get laid at closing time. It never worked. Damn shame because it's a great song. It just brings back too many memories of some drunken slob telling me "I'm gonna sing a special song just for you..." I begged and pleaded for the DJ to remove it from his song list but he got too much amusement from it.

Quote Originally Posted by drawstraws View Post
    Anything by Taylor Swift. I have yet to figure out why anyone over the age of 12 likes her. She can't carry a tune and her songwriting sucks (for the life of me, I can't figure out how talking "slow" is going to keep his mama from hearing them. "Low", maybe. Slow isn't going to do you any good). And if I have to hear one more time how she uses her own life to write her songs I'm going to barf. As if no one else in history has ever done that? I would rather listen to a commercial, or even static, before listening to any one of her songs.
    Agree 100%! I wish there was an element to my virus protection that would immediately eliminate any images or references to Taylor Swift on my computer at all times. She CANNOT sing! She is the result of a super marketing machine...a packaged Barbie with a Mr. Microphone.
    I also hate "Firework" because she screeches the entire song.
    How is this for annoying...that country song by John Anderson from way back.."Just A Swinging". Now get that out of your heads!

I am happy to say, that with the exception of some of the older stuff mentioned (70's era) I have never heard these songs. Never heard Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Toby Keith, Rascal Flatts, Justine Beiber, none of it.

Listener supported radio all the way for me.

http://www.xpn.org/

any of that Rap crap.... and they call it music?

11 members found this post helpful.

am happy to say, that with the exception of some of the older stuff mentioned (70's era) I have never heard these songs. Never heard Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Toby Keith, Rascal Flatts, Justine Beiber, none of it.
    me too. :-)

I'm dating myself but...

"Someone left a cake out in the rain"

"Afternoon Delight"

I'm sure I'll think of more, but those two stand out...

Lee Greenwood, "God Bless the U.S.A."

It hit the trifecta of suck: crappy country, bad grammar, and blind patriotism.

10 members found this post helpful.