The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

pretty much anything with brush drums or by Rupert Holmes.

Quote Originally Posted by Saidapal View Post
    Amazing Grace

Every time there's a tragedy you hear this song over and over and over......

My family knows if they play this at my funeral I will haunt them down and slime them.
    It's even worse for Mr Akro and I. We are drummers in a local competition pipe band and we have to play this song at just about every gig the band does - sometimes more than once! Aghhhhh!!!

However, one of my all time most hated songs is Hey Jude. Not only is it bad, but it goes on, and on, and on.........

1 members found this post helpful.

Anything by Madonna.
    Like nails on a chalkboard...
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahandSam View Post
    I actually kind of love the Pearl Jam "Last Kiss" cover...

That cover of Joni's "Big Yellow Taxi" is Counting Crows. I normally love them but agree that that cover is terrible...
    Their version is decent compared to the version I've heard on the radio, the one I am unfortunately thinking of - I'm pretty sure it was Alanis Morrisette. It drives me batty!
    “We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”
    Kurt Vonnegut, Mother Night

I do not care for Christmas music... mostly because it seems tradition has taken a back seat to greed and I detest greed. I am not bothered by Taylor Swift and Rascal Flatter or Toby Kieth and Kenny is one of my faces. I HATE THE BLACK EYED PEAS and anything they sing. There is one rap singing chic I CAN NOT STAND! She pretends to be the shy "stupid" type but you can tell she is a mean beotch... and she CAN'T EVEN SING.
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by thatmoody View Post
    Stevie Nicks did back in her day, but at least she did have vocal chops and a decent diaphragm.
    I have it on eye-witness authority that Stevie Nicks often did a great deal of coke while recording. No wonder her voice has awesome vibrato.

The eye-witness was one of the sound guys who thought the coke was fair game for all-- like the chips n dip at a party.

Not so. Really not so. The Nicks crew (not all of Fleetwood Mac by then) got pissed and said if the guy didn't replace it (and pronto and with stuff of equal quality) there would be huge problems. The guy didn't feel he had the right sort of connections for making this right, so it was a scary and memorable event for him.
    Last edited by mvp; Nov. 26, 2012 at 01:21 AM.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Quote Originally Posted by GaitedGloryRider View Post
    Anything by Rascal Flatts but first and foremost their "I Miss Mayberry" song.

When they come on the radio I just want to smash my car into a lamp pole, find a litter of puppies to kick, puncture my eardrums with rusted cocktail forks and then hunt down their whiny, nasaly, spiky-haired frosted-tipped wiener of a lead singer so I can kick him in the family gold then carve out his vocal cords with my fingernails.
    I like Rascal Flatts, but may I admire the italicized phrase? Malcolm Turner would be proud, if more vulgar. You are learning.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Wait.

Hold on.

We got through seven pages of this without anyone mentioning how terrible Nickelback is?!

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonesta View Post
    My all time most hated song is that "Put your camel to bed" thing where she wails. Just awful.
    Maria Muldaur. My mom had the album. I'm glad my suffering so long ago has now served a useful purpose. Total crap song.

ETA: The title was "Midnight at the Oasis."
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Uhhh... I like Nickelback. I do not get it. And I love Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd and the Grateful Dead... and Journey. Ermagerd.
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by GreySwan View Post
    Wait.

Hold on.

We got through seven pages of this without anyone mentioning how terrible Nickelback is?!
    Funny you mention that! My boyfriend said "You should post again and say "Every Nickleback song". I can't stand them. How about that song where the singer is singing (in the words of the girl he's fooling around with) "That's my dad outside the car!".....Wow, you're what, like 40 years old?! Just how young is she?

I'll add Kid Rock to the list too. No specific song, pretty much all of them.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".

I'm Not Lisa by Jessi Colter.

My dear mother was going through a divorce and I had to hear that song for two years strait, everyday. The stable was exactly six minutes away which meant I had to hear that damn song twice there and twice back. Every.single.day. To make it worse my name is Julie. Which is the second line in the song.

I only know one Nickelback song and I really like it. And I would argue that it does not in any way stand out from a crowd of songs I would say are of a similar genre (by Staind, Live, etc.) So I don't get all of the hate and venom, though I'll admit it has made me less inclined to find more Nickelback.

Today I heard Bette Davis Eyes. And had to add it to my list.

A recent hated song is that one (again, one that people seem to love) by Of Monsters and Men -- Little Talks. The chorus is just words that don't go together. And I hate the back and forth. And it is SO overplayed!!!

Oh, and I ADORE Neil Young.
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

Quote Originally Posted by see u at x View Post
    I always find it amusing that so many people choose this song and I can't help but think that they don't have the first clue as to what the origin of the song really is.
    The other song that people have no idea what's it's about (despite strikingly obvious lyrics such as "So, goodbye...") is I Will Always Love You. I have no problems with the song, but when people play it at weddings I am like, WTF THIS IS A SONG ABOUT BREAKING UP.

Quote Originally Posted by meupatdoes View Post
    The other song that people have no idea what's it's about (despite strikingly obvious lyrics such as "So, goodbye...") is I Will Always Love You. I have no problems with the song, but when people play it at weddings I am like, WTF THIS IS A SONG ABOUT BREAKING UP.
    Yep. Then again, I went to a wedding where the bride danced with her father to Cutting Crew's "I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight," which was also a wtf moment.

Nickelback did get mentioned a while ago, but I think Any Nickelback Song is just a given.

My husband haaaaaaates Fleetwood Mac, but I kinda love me some Stevie...

Quote Originally Posted by meupatdoes View Post
    I always found it a little apropo that the last slow dance song at our junior high dances was Stairway to Heaven.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Anything by Toby Keith, tho "Live Like You Were Dying" used to make me run screaming across the barn to turn the radio off till the song was over.

The only redeeming quality of Sweet Caroline & Don't Stop Believing are the nightly drunken sing-a-longs at the wedding venue across the street. I can tell how much they'be been drinking by how early they play those 2 songs.
    I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right
    Violence doesn't end violence. It extends it. Break the cycle.

AC DC Highway to hell. They say it like 30 times! Ugh..
    And that one by Joe Cocker, That man has a voice like a chain saw!
    You are so beautiful!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Lessee, if I had a "Jukebox from hell", on it would be:

Lots of Nickelback, Taylor Swift, Katie Perry, Neil Young, Lady Gaga
    Seasons in the Sun
    Indiana wants me (really? You killed someone because he said bad things to your girl?)
    Having my baby
    Two out of Three ain't bad

Ugh.
    --Becky in TX
    Clinic Blogs and Rolex Blogs
    She who throws dirt is losing ground.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahandSam View Post
    Yep. Then again, I went to a wedding where the bride danced with her father to Cutting Crew's "I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight," which was also a wtf moment.
    Sweet Chocolate Christ, I HATE THAT CUTTING CREW SONG!!!!!

It is definitely in my Top 5 Most Hated. Some of the dumbest lyrics ever penned, and the lead singer sounds like a rusty bandsaw on concrete.

It's also a terrible earworm.