The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default shopping around for custom boots, any opinions?

Hello! I'm looking for some custom riding boots with crystal detail. I'm just wondering if anyone has any boots of these brands and could let me know what you think of them or what you may have heard. I've been looking at Parlanti, DeNiro, F.lli Fabbri (the main contendor at the moment) and Tucci. Any thoughts would be great, this is such a hard decision! Thanks!

Tuccis are BEAUTIFUL. Literally I lust over these boots and they do an absolutely gorgeous job with the crystal detail. It's there, but it's subtle enough to be wonderfully elegant and classy.

Where they've got all Hell for a basement

Another vote for Tucci. I am obsessed with my made-for-someone-else customs. They fit me perfectly for boots that were never measured for me.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...30837920_n.jpg
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...73146830_n.jpg
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...40881358_n.jpg

wow, Tucci was almost last on my list! This changes things! Have you guys heard anything about DeNiros? I've heard through the grapevine that they don't break in very well and aren't too comfortable

Try local....and American.....Kroop Boots in Laurel, MD
    http://www.kroopboots.com/

1 members found this post helpful.

I have had both Parlantis and Tuccis and I like the Tuccis so much more. My Parlantis were very worn after being ridden in for four months (one horse, 5-6 days a week) which in my opinion is unacceptable for such expensive boots. The Tuccis are beautiful and I got a small crystal right in the silver logo - I do the equitation so the very obvious patterns weren't an option, but the little bit of sparkle is very nice.

I have heard good things about DeNiro, but I don't believe that they offer a crystal option, and I don't think they do full custom either. La Mundial will make beautiful customs, but it's very hit and miss with them. Tucci on the other hand is wonderful. I have never heard a complaint about them and the boots are always gorgeous. Plus you can get your initials stamped in to the leather, on the sole, and/or on the silver logo on the swag tab, and they also put your name on the inside. Just a wonderful and thorough custom job, though they are expensive.

Parlanti gets my vote. Talk to Carine, I find her to be very helpful. Their boots are beautiful, comfortable, and fairly priced especially the custom boots.
    http://STA551.com
    845-363-1875

Thanks everyone. Seems like I have to look more into the Tuccis. I know a girl with a pair of Fabbris, I'm going to see her soon and check out her boots. @hunterrider23: http://www.ironhorseequestriansuppli...=4109658&ack=9 these are the DeNiros, and my tack store said they can be fully customized and for about $300 less than the others! I've just heard the leather quality is not nearly as high as the others, which could explain the price difference.
    This is quite a tough decision!

I have seen all of the boots you are looking at in person. If you intend to only use your boots for shows/clinics, etc. then I would get Tuccis. They are gorgeous, impeccably made and have lots of options for crystals. My second choice would be the Fabris, pretty much on par with Tuccis but from my observations maybe don't polish quite as well. On the other hand, if you want to ride in them every day I would definitely consider the DeNiros. They are very nice boots for the price and the leather is a bit thicker and more durable than the other brands. You won't quite get that "spray painted on" look, but I expect they will hold up a bit better and they do have lots of options for leather/crystals.

Tucci

But really any custom boot is only going to be as good as the measuring, so find a local shop that's very experienced & stands behind their work & go from there

You might run a forum search on La Casa de las Botas - they're out from Argentina so you need to sort out local measuring but they seem to generate loyal customers

Love my Tucci's! I have Der Dau's that were ok but they kept stretching. Ordered a pair of Vogel. I returned them as they fit terrible even after I sent them back. Friends have Parlanti's. zipper issues which the lady didn't stand behind. Needless to say, I would buy a second pair of Tucci's!

Quote Originally Posted by pluvinel View Post
    Try local....and American.....Kroop Boots in Laurel, MD
    http://www.kroopboots.com/
    Absolutely!!! My family has been buying boots at Kroop for three generations. I just got a new pair this summer. Classic dress boot for the hunt field, and I am utterly in love. First time on, I didn't need to break them in, they fit like a glove. I honestly cannot say enough good things about the quality. Randy knows her stuff, and she'll make you anything you want.

Default Kroop

Quote Originally Posted by TraceAndM View Post
    Absolutely!!! My family has been buying boots at Kroop for three generations. I just got a new pair this summer. Classic dress boot for the hunt field, and I am utterly in love. First time on, I didn't need to break them in, they fit like a glove. I honestly cannot say enough good things about the quality. Randy knows her stuff, and she'll make you anything you want.
    Hi I checked out this website. Do they have zippered boots? Or is it more "old style" hunting attire?

Kroop's Custom Effects include zips

I am looking at getting new boots for christmas. Planning on spending a little more this time but nothing prob above $800, unless its love!! The ariats I have are ok to ride in but if I walk in them after I get off they rub and give me a good blister.

How exactly does ordering a custom pair of boots go? How do you know you will like the foot bed or know which options you would like best? Like round vs square toe or placement of the zipper? I also broke my foot in may and am finding some shoes really hurt my foot to walk in. Just a little worried about spending alot of money on something that may not work.

I live in md so I might go check Kroops out.

If you're close to a rep or at a horse show with a rep La Mundials are beautiful. DeNiros are also pretty.

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

I was in the market for a new pair of boots this summer and looked at just about all the brands mentioned. I chose the Tucci's because their leather was simply awesome - definitely the nicest available, in my opinion. They do offer crystal details in an almost infinite number of design options, from the very subtle to rather opulent! I opted to get mine without the bling, but I was definitely tempted. As a side note - if you choose Tucci, definitely plan on spending a while to get measured. Their process is very detailed and took quite a bit longer than I have been accustomed to with other companies, such as Vogel and Der Dau. The results were well worth it though - my boots are gorgeous and they broke in right away!
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina

Parlantis!