The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default shopping for custom riding boots, any opinions on these?

Hello! I'm looking for some custom riding boots with crystal detail. I'm just wondering if anyone has any boots of these brands and could let me know what you think of them or what you may have heard. I've been looking at Parlanti, DeNiro, F.lli Fabbri (the main contendor at the moment) and Tucci. Any thoughts would be great, this is such a hard decision! Thanks!

Just another to add to your list: the Voltaire Jalisca has a rhinestone option.
    http://en.voltaire-design.com/jalisca.html

Der Dau will add rhinestones, I believe.

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

Quote Originally Posted by DQ01 View Post
    Hello! I'm looking for some custom riding boots with crystal detail. I'm just wondering if anyone has any boots of these brands and could let me know what you think of them or what you may have heard. I've been looking at Parlanti, DeNiro, F.lli Fabbri (the main contendor at the moment) and Tucci. Any thoughts would be great, this is such a hard decision! Thanks!
    I chose Tucci... Loved the leather quality and the fit. I chose not to get crystals on mine but they do offer them in all sorts of designs.
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina

I also just was measured for Tucci's with crystal detail around the whip holder. You could get the crystals anywhere on them, though. My boots won't be shipped to me until the end of December. I can't wait to get them!

YES!! I got my first bad rating from suggesting Der Dau!!

1 members found this post helpful.

Just got a pair of Sergios and they are stunning. No bling, but that is an option. I tried them and the Tuccis. Sergios were more elegant IMHO and I didn't care for the elastic panel in the back on the Tuccis.
    "You post all your drama on Facebook and get mad when people judge you? You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?"

Quote Originally Posted by BigBayHanoMare View Post
    YES!! I got my first bad rating from suggesting Der Dau!!
    LOL, I love my Der Dau boots. As with any custom boots the person measuring you has to know what they are doing
    Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by carolprudm View Post
    LOL, I love my Der Dau boots. As with any custom boots the person measuring you has to know what they are doing
    I just ordered a pair of custom dressage boots from Der Dau, and am very, very excited to receive them in 6 weeks. I had a thorough measurement consultation and also spoke to Joe Jr. on the phone about them--I recommended them to the OP because of that conversation. He listened to me, and listened to what I wanted, and was willing to compromise (zippers vs. no zippers, elastic gusset vs. long elastic insert, etc.). All experiences thus far have been extremely positive, and even if they need some minor adjustments I am perfectly okay with that (doesn't help that my body seems to change day to day). Der Dau is constantly recommended here, for all types of boots, so I figured I'd do the same.

Counting down the days until they arrive....