The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Zabou Cullum is at Santa Rosa Equestrian Center. I have known her for 20+ years and she is honestly the only person I'd send my young horse to. She's correct, fair, calm and turns out nice horses who love their job. She's an eventing trainer. The facility is great in that it has multiple large pastures for turnout, and several of the pastures get used all winter for day and night turnout.

1 members found this post helpful.

Sent you a mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
    You MAY want to try Kismet Farm in Martinez. http://www.kismetfarms.net/

Tracy and Randy own it, but Tracy has been in a wheel chair for a long time, so doesn't ride. Her rider is Jolie, who was down to the last cut for the eventing Olympic team. I don't know if they take in horses for this kind of training, but it might be what you're looking for.
    Kismet started 3 mares for me in the past 5 years. I was very pleased with their work and they have several large pastures so that horses can get turned out when not working.
    Georgia Langsam
    Team Gauguin, LLC - www.teamgauguin.com
    Standing Gauguin du Cheval 9054, Prestige II TG, Gauguin's Impression, Gauguin's Brush and Weltfrieden TG

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Pony View Post
    Thanks everyone. I know Tracy and Jolie, unfortunately all they have is a 12x12 stall and I am not ready to put her in that 23 hours a day. Chris Bearden no longer rides and they also have no turnout, so there's no young horse trainer there. Mike Etherly is 2+ hours away and really, really, really expensive to send a 3 year old pony to. I'm also looking for someone slightly smaller than the average man.

She really just needs a "jockey" that will stick and kick her in the butt. I really did have the perfect person but she's not coming back. The other one I knew of moved to Montana She doesn't even have any recommendations. If there are really good young horse trainers around they sure are hiding.

I do have a good place for her 2.5 hours away, I'm just trying to find a place a bit closer than that.
    Perfect pony, talk to Tracy and Jolie again. I kept 4 horses there for about 4 years and my horses (including my stallion) got ample turn-out as long as the ground was OK. If turn-out is your big consideration, ask.
    Georgia Langsam
    Team Gauguin, LLC - www.teamgauguin.com
    Standing Gauguin du Cheval 9054, Prestige II TG, Gauguin's Impression, Gauguin's Brush and Weltfrieden TG

Another vote in for Zabou! Hands down best choice. I rode with her for years, she was who I bought Shorty with (my then 4 yo).

Laura Dwyer -- she's based in Walnut Creek. PM me if you would like her phone number.