The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I think he's a pretty fascinating person....classically trained in opera, first big job on QVC? Who knew!?!

He's pretty cool. I had no idea about his foundation.
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post
    Oh, snap!

Read this section of Mike Rowe's Thanks:

"When our economy crapped the bed in 2008, Dirty Jobs became weirdly relevant in ways that no one anticipated, especially me. Suddenly, I found myself answering questions about jobs and manufacturing, infrastructure and the skills gap, and a few other topics that I knew little about. But it was you that really took this show to the next level. Thanks to your research and support, we were able to build and launch an online Trade Resource Center, and today, mikeroweWORKS.com continues to make a noisy and compelling case for skilled labor. I think that’s pretty cool. In fact, The mikeroweWORKS Foundation has raised over a million dollars for trade school scholarships and tool stipends and has just announced a partnership with Scholarship America and funded a $250,000 educational grant to provide scholarships for those looking to finish their education in a skilled trade. That’s something you should all be proud of. I know I am, and I know for a fact that it wouldn’t have happened without you. And I’m not just saying that because you’re the boss. So thank you all very, very much."

The man has done something with his work, eh?
    Yet another reason to have a crush on him!

That is so very cool.

makes me love him even more.

...yes girls, I know I need to take a number

Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post
    Oh, snap!

Read this section of Mike Rowe's Thanks:

"When our economy crapped the bed in 2008, Dirty Jobs became weirdly relevant in ways that no one anticipated, especially me. Suddenly, I found myself answering questions about jobs and manufacturing, infrastructure and the skills gap, and a few other topics that I knew little about. But it was you that really took this show to the next level. Thanks to your research and support, we were able to build and launch an online Trade Resource Center, and today, mikeroweWORKS.com continues to make a noisy and compelling case for skilled labor. I think that’s pretty cool. In fact, The mikeroweWORKS Foundation has raised over a million dollars for trade school scholarships and tool stipends and has just announced a partnership with Scholarship America and funded a $250,000 educational grant to provide scholarships for those looking to finish their education in a skilled trade. That’s something you should all be proud of. I know I am, and I know for a fact that it wouldn’t have happened without you. And I’m not just saying that because you’re the boss. So thank you all very, very much."

The man has done something with his work, eh?