The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Oh my Gosh...I always thought it meant Dressage Husband or Dressage Daughter!! Thanks for straightening me out.
    Either way it drives me nutty too!

1 members found this post helpful.

some people really don't have much to worry about in life! These abbreviations do not bother me at all, but then, the wrong it's, your, there... THAT drives me nuts. At least, with DH, DD or DS, there are no spelling errors.

2 members found this post helpful.

Doesn't bother me at all. To me it's just shorthand. I don't even think about what it means, it's just quicker.
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

Doesn't bother me, either. I always read them as Dear... nothing wrong with that. I don't mind the internet shorthand, even new words are fine with me, languages do evolve. OTOH, I hate text writing, and all the common grammar / spelling mistakes that pepper some posts.
    Ottbs - The finish line is only the beginning!

1 members found this post helpful.

TBH, I can't be bothered to get worked up over it. YMMV.

TTFN.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by FalseImpression View Post
    some people really don't have much to worry about in life! These abbreviations do not bother me at all, but then, the wrong it's, your, there... THAT drives me nuts. At least, with DH, DD or DS, there are no spelling errors.
    I can manage to worry about all manner of inconsequential things and serious things at the same time. It's Off Topic day and it took all of a few moments to make the original post.

They are just COTH'isms - you get used to them, although, after all my posts there are STILL some I haven't figured out.
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

Quote Originally Posted by showhorsegallery View Post
    Does this drive anyone else crazy? Who actually ever says Darling Husband or Darling Daughter? Where did these sickeningly sweet abbreviations come from?

It gets to the point where sometimes I can't read posts that are peppered with DH or DD. It drives me up a wall.

I will always write out Husband, Daughter, Boyfriend whatever as my own small protest.

Am I alone?
    No, you are not alone.

But then, I also cannot stand "pone", "donk", "pibbie", or any other of the 100s of cutesy goo-goo/baby talk words.
    It makes me think there are WAY too many pastries being re-gifted. And not to me, either.
    But then, I am a grumpy bitch, so ignore me.

I'm still working on LOFF . . .

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

dickhead......now I'll have that in my head every time I read DH, THANK YOU (no sarcasm intended). Perfect.

I agree though, DH & DD are both irritating but for some reason DD irritates me more so.
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

IIRC it was Willem who started the COTH love affair with "loff", also "this it be right".

DH, DD don't bother me. My automatically typing "now" when I mean "know" and typing the wrong "their/they're/there" after 45 years of doing it correctly has really begun to bother me. I'm wondering what it's a symptom of...
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kryswyn View Post
    IIRC it was Willem who started the COTH love affair with "loff", also "this it be right".

DH, DD don't bother me. My automatically typing "now" when I mean "know" and typing the wrong "their/they're/there" after 45 years of doing it correctly has really begun to bother me. I'm wondering what it's a symptom of...
    you need more chocolate and B12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.