The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default A day late, but this year I am thankful for our "local" breeders

I have been looking at babies for 2 1/2 years, many of whom were bred by folks on this board.

I bought the one I kept returning to, who had really caught my eye and just seemed right for me. But there are a lot of very nice youngsters out there around the US, and I'm thankful for those of you who are doing your best to produce the best horses you can for your image. There's quite a variety of quality, and enough that most buyers should be able to find the horse who fits their specific type.

Thank you all!

Most of all, I'm thankful for Anissa and Emerald Acres, and my new youngster Ellie (Emerald Ice) who I watched grow online for two years before the time was right for me to buy her.
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8430/7...7ffc313bf9.jpg
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8422/7...f51a1c8f4b.jpg
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

4 members found this post helpful.

Congrats.. she looks like a super girl!!

I met Anissa a bunch of years ago at an AWS inspection in VA. She seemed super nice and she has been helpful when we have had a few conversations on here

She has some really nice Traks
    Last edited by Nootka; Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:29 AM.
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

2 members found this post helpful.

Awww Thanks (both of you)!! I'm super touched... seriously

Annette - Ellie was meant to be yours, I'm so glad you have her and I'm sure she is too. You two are going to have so much fun together! I can't wait to see your future together.

That is something that is great about this board - I"ve met some absolutely wonderful people on here, both in person and on line .
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

2 members found this post helpful.

Congratulations! She was a beautiful foal and she will be a beautiful horse

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by netg View Post
    I have been looking at babies for 2 1/2 years, many of whom were bred by folks on this board.

I bought the one I kept returning to, who had really caught my eye and just seemed right for me. But there are a lot of very nice youngsters out there around the US, and I'm thankful for those of you who are doing your best to produce the best horses you can for your image. There's quite a variety of quality, and enough that most buyers should be able to find the horse who fits their specific type.

Thank you all!

Most of all, I'm thankful for Anissa and Emerald Acres, and my new youngster Ellie (Emerald Ice) who I watched grow online for two years before the time was right for me to buy her.
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8430/7...7ffc313bf9.jpg
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8422/7...f51a1c8f4b.jpg

I would like to say Thank you to you for supporting your NA breeders!

There are so many of us who are putting exceptional quality foals on the ground each and every year. Unfortunatly with our geographical exapnse, many foals born each year are not seen or heard about, yet that certainly doesnt mean they aren't there to find!

Bless you for getting your hands on such a nice one, and please keep supporting the work we all do. We're doing it for people like yourself!

Cheers!
    Hyperion Stud, LLC.
    Europe's Finest, Made in America
    WWW.HYPERIONSTUD.com
    Standing Elite and Approved Stallions

4 members found this post helpful.

Ditto Hyperion Stud's comments.
    I had a gal purchase a 2 year old this fall - she has been "watching" him since birth. Now that they are together, I and she couldn't be happier. She is doing a super job with him; he loves her and is thriving as the centre of her attention. Match made in heaven, and gratifying for all.
    It is wonderful when a buyer follows her instinctive choice, and is so happy with it.
    Wishing you much happiness with Emerald Ice!

1 members found this post helpful.

Thanks everyone - each day Ellie is only better than expected from the previous day. I keep scratching my head and asking "is she really the two year old?" as she accepts everything with such a serene attitude. At the same time, she sure likes to have fun and kick up her heels playing!

With the internet, many web pages and especially facebook, I have been able to see some fabulous young horses around the country without going anywhere. When it came down to it my trip to check out Ellie was only to see her, but I mentally had a trip planned for next year to hit multiple locations if for some reason she hadn't worked out for some reason. The more I looked the less I cared about pro videos, and appreciated the videos I saw of horses on imperfect/pasture footing in which their natural balance could really shine combined with videos in-hand at shows, etc. I know I will keep talking up US breeders and encouraging folks I know to look around because so many of you have so many nice horses.
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed