The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

Default Someone has too much time on their hands

Someone has gone through my previous OT day post about meeting men and marked every single post I made in that thread as "bad". First, i'm flattered that you would take the time to read the entire thread and "comment" on each and every one of my posts, even if you didn't appreciate them. Second, you obviously need a hobby other than me... I'm not that interesting and it is a little creepy.
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

5 members found this post helpful.

That is VERY creepy!!
    Kanoe Godby
    www.dyrkgodby.com
    See, I was raised by wolves and am really behind the 8-ball on diplomatic issue resolution.

Perhaps we should start a contest to see who can score the most "bad" points?
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

Well, all I can think of is that there is a lot of secret crushing on fellow COTH posters going on around here. Last OT day, someone had some "thumbs down" on a completely unobjectionable post that mentioned their wife. Now, we have someone doing the same to all your posts about meeting men.

If you are in love with a fellow poster, just PM them and ask them out, don't thumbs down their posts about interest in people other than you .

4 members found this post helpful.

Just ignore the notifications, that is what I am doing, and many others are too. You will be ok. Very creepy, and it is stalking. Not sure why COTH has put these on the board now. Odd. At least they got rid of the stupid floating ads which creeped up from the bottom of the monitor.

I know the feeling. I have the same thing.
    Friend of bar .ka

wasn't me!

I've got a "hater" too... so weird, he/she/it goes to all my posts in one Off Course thread and thumbs them down.

Whatever
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

I think someone is just playing with the thumbs up/thumbs down, because someone has done the same thing to me, only they "liked" all of mine. I would just ignore it.

I got this! I think it has do with the "spammers". They must have a automatic "thumbs down" in their spam bot ware when someone reports them. Likely, probably not, but sounded good in theory.

1 members found this post helpful.

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

I think if we all just ignored this crap it would go away. The whole thing bugs me, probably most of all because you don't know who "appreciates (or not)" you. At least on other forums it lists the usernames. As I've said before, I feel like we're back in Middle School again. And I hated Middle School (says the person who wants to teach it).
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

I just "appreciated" your post E4L. LOL

You want to teach those monsters? Do you want to maybe borrow one first, just see how it goes?
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

Quote Originally Posted by Event4Life View Post
    I think if we all just ignored this crap it would go away. The whole thing bugs me, probably most of all because you don't know who "appreciates (or not)" you. At least on other forums it lists the usernames. As I've said before, I feel like we're back in Middle School again. And I hated Middle School (says the person who wants to teach it).
    Why not let the Moderator know your opinion?
    Maybe they will consider eliminating that feature if enough object to it?
    While some are happy with it, it seems to be making more unhappy.

They closed the thread where we voiced our opinion on our dislike of the thumbs saying they got the message. Hopefully that was enough ammo to get rid of them once they get everything else straightened out. This bunch clearly isn't mature enough to handle such power. 1001, 1002, 1003....

Quote Originally Posted by Canaqua View Post
    Well, all I can think of is that there is a lot of secret crushing on fellow COTH posters going on around here. Last OT day, someone had some "thumbs down" on a completely unobjectionable post that mentioned their wife. Now, we have someone doing the same to all your posts about meeting men.

If you are in love with a fellow poster, just PM them and ask them out, don't thumbs down their posts about interest in people other than you .
    have you ever seen the Chicken at the state fair that plays Tic-Tac-Toe game (also called Noughts and Crosses) ...peck at the symbol... that is what I envision is happening with all these "responses" ...a little chicken is pecking at the keyboard trying to win ...it has trained itself to respond only to the thumdy downy thing

Quote Originally Posted by Frank B View Post
    Perhaps we should start a contest to see who can score the most "bad" points?
    We have a contest going on the notification thread.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Why not let the Moderator know your opinion?
    Maybe they will consider eliminating that feature if enough object to it?
    While some are happy with it, it seems to be making more unhappy.
    I have made my opinion known on one of the threads on Help. It does not exactly make me unhappy (would be too strong of a word), but I really do not think as it stands it adds anything to the forums.

BuddyRoo - sure, but I think even if you're in VA now you are too far! haha, responded on your other post...hang in there, you got this
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRoo View Post
    I just "appreciated" your post E4L. LOL

You want to teach those monsters? Do you want to maybe borrow one first, just see how it goes?

LOL, a friend of mine, a psychiatrist, says the only thing you can do with middle school kids is put them behind barbed wire and throw raw meat over once a day.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

The secret to teaching middle schoolers is you have to be a bit tetched in the head yourself! 20 years of being surrounded by the hormonal fog, and I'm still enjoying my job. Now...I wonder if this will get a thumbs down? I think the Mods are going to do away with that feature, once they get all the other problems ironed out. Heck, when I posted on the "help forum" about issues I liked/disliked on the new upgrade...I got several thumbs down. Bizarre...
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

Quote Originally Posted by Calvincrowe View Post
    The secret to teaching middle schoolers is you have to be a bit tetched in the head yourself! 20 years of being surrounded by the hormonal fog, and I'm still enjoying my job. Now...I wonder if this will get a thumbs down? I think the Mods are going to do away with that feature, once they get all the other problems ironed out. Heck, when I posted on the "help forum" about issues I liked/disliked on the new upgrade...I got several thumbs down. Bizarre...
    I broke my own rule and gave you a thumbs up :-P (my other rule is I always tell people who it was!). My friends & family definitely think I'm crazy, but....oh well, they love me anyway! Good to know you're still enjoying it after 20 years, what do you teach?