The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Any updates, Superminion? Did you have a chance to talk with your lawyer yet?

Thank you all so much for your support. I just got home from meeting with our attorney and he said that we don't have anything to worry about on either front. He was trying to pull the "I got hurt on your property" crap, but it won't hold up in court at all. We're giving him a chance to drop the suit, or we're going to ask for harsher charges. Our lawyer feels pretty confident that he'll give up.

He wasn't a resident, just visiting.

Dixie is in no trouble. She has, though, gotten really bad about people approaching us on our walks or in the car. She normally wags her tail and begs to go say hi, but now she raises her hackles and growls. She spent 5 minutes 'warning' our mailbox not to try anything tricky this morning. We have an appointment with a behaviorist and I'm hoping that it'll pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

1 members found this post helpful.

I would ask for harsher charges anyway. Considering the history between you and them, there is no way he thought playing a prank was a good idea. He was up to something.

Funny, I have been reading on another board about how you shouldn't depend on your dog to defend you as most will back down and not actually bite. LOL They need to meet your Dixie!

I'm glad to read your update Superminion.

Seems like everything will work out fine - I can't imagine what lawyer would file suit on behalf of Balcony Boy. You don't collect unless you win, and what do you think the chances are of a. a judge letting that lawsuit get past the summary judgment stage and if so, b. convincing twelve people to give Balcony Boy some $$?. Heck, around here I bet one of the jurors would run him over in the parking lot after a case like that. If he tries filing suit himself, 10 to 1 he'll screw it up so badly it'll never come to anything.

And I'm happy to hear Dixie is safe, although traumatized. If Balcony Boy files suit, you oughta counterclaim for your behaviorist bills.

The fact that he's a visitor makes it worse. He didn't even have a legal reason to be on your property, and his entire story is ridiculous. I bet if the cops looked that he has a long criminal history, and was trying to rob you or worse.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

I kind of just want to be done with it. I know that these things can be drawn out, and I want to be able to enjoy to holidays and focus on getting organized to move. If he wants to be stupid, we will stick him with all that we can (including a behaviorist bills! That's a great idea!).
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"

Did you notify your landlord? You should at least do that and request that they install a lock on that door.

^ They've been notified. DH installed a dead bolt on the door when he got home.

3 members found this post helpful.