The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Christmas is just around the corner!!

So yes it's Thanksgiving but ive been thinking about what to get my trainer for Christmas. I've been with her for 7 years and she's simply the best! I am a working student for her and she has given me so many opportunities to ride amazing horses and show and learn. I consider her part of my family! I want to get her something special and more personal than something generic. No pictures, she has tons of those. I thought about getting a pot made with hair from her 3 horses welded in. (horse hair pottery) I saw it online and it was pretty but it was pretty pricey. Any ideas?

Some unique ideas for a trainer are at http://www.modelhorsejumps.com The Jumps and Frames are high quality, all wood constructed, Made in U.S.A., and have REAL JUMP CUPS. You can even have a custom jump and/or gate made with a farm name or a message to your trainer. For the holidays there is a Christmas Jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Model Horse Jumps View Post
    Some unique ideas for a trainer are at http://www.modelhorsejumps.com The Jumps and Frames are high quality, all wood constructed, Made in U.S.A., and have REAL JUMP CUPS. You can even have a custom jump and/or gate made with a farm name or a message to your trainer. For the holidays there is a Christmas Jump.
    Shameless plug

I know this is generic and everything, but I always used to get my trainers gift cards to tack shops. They always put it to good use.. One year they bought a show bridle for one of their horses with the gift cards I got them, and I like that I was able to help fund something practical for them. A girl at our barn was an amazing artist and one year she painted our horses on an ornament. I still have mine. It's amazing.

I would love to hear some ideas!!

I moved my boys to my current barn in July, I LOVE it there and my trainer is just awesome.

I am at a total loss as to what to get her though. I don't have a lot of money to spend so I would like some ideas for gifts.

FYI we are at an eventing barn now.

Would love to hear some ideas for a male trainer! I'm at a loss at what to get!