The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Best place to get advice on pricing my horse trailer for sale?

I've posted on the Trailer Talk forum on HorseTrailerWorld, but wonder if there's another place.

I have a Bee 2H slant GN. I want to get a 3H. Not sure how to price what I have, though.

Any trailer dealers or experts here?
    "As a rule we disbelieve all the facts and theories for which we have no use."- William James
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Proud member of the Wheat Loss Clique.

Find a price on a new model, same configuration first. Then take these factors into consideration:
    Setup

Also, your area of the country and what the trailer is constructed of will factor in. (steel trailers are worth less than aluminum, for example)
    A five year old trailer, in great shape, good setup *might* bring you two thirds of new pricing.
    A trailer that is beaten up won't get as much.
    You might want to discuss trading it too. Selling a two horse slant can be tough, they weren't as popular as the three horse setups.

You could look at other trailers for sale near you, compare them against yours and see what their asking price is.

There really aren't any of my brand here, since it's more of an East Coast brand. Lots of S&H, WW, CM, Calico, some Trails West (which is the closest comp) but not many.

I am constantly shocked at how much folks here want for the old style rounded nose WW type 2H bumper pulls, that look, uh, weathered....and the amount of ONE horse trailers! (and their, uh, optimistic pricing)....

SO, really, not easy or possible to get a comp value.
    "As a rule we disbelieve all the facts and theories for which we have no use."- William James
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Proud member of the Wheat Loss Clique.

See what that brand and the same/similar model(s) are listed for "wherever" at horsetrailerworld.com

Hey,
    Email an inside and outside photo to horse trailers @ hughes .net ( no spaces ) I will look up some comps for you and give my opinion... It is worth what someone is willing to pay - include age of tires, last service date and condition notes.
    Risa
    HappyTrailsTrailers.com

It is also important whether is has a dressing room or tack storage area and what the height is. 7' tall or taller would be a plus and shorter would be a negative.

I read somewhere a trailer depreciates 10% the first year off the lot brand new and 5% every year after that.