The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You're welcome, and hope it all has a satisfactory ending for everybody involved.
    Another owner of A Fine Romance baby who has grown up and joined the fun!!!

I've answered the PM As always, seek actual, in-person legal advice!
    But even without all the details, most possibilities have been covered here in the answers to the OP!
    Blugal

You never know what kind of obsessive compulsive crazy person you are until another person imitates your behaviour at a three-day. --Gry2Yng

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by OneonOne View Post
    Yes, there are lots of lawyers on here, but none of them are going to give you legal advice. You're going to have to hire someone local to deal with this.
    Ditto....No one can advise you without knowing the relevant local laws and all the facts. Just set up an initial consultation with a lawyer in your area and if they cannot help you, they can point you in the direction of a lawyer who is better qualified to meet your needs.

I have talked to the owner, and am sending Shylo's papers to her, as well as a bill of sale, with $1 enclosed... Not sure what's going to happen from there.

Good! Also, ask your lawyer about whether an agister lien might be available to you.

Quote Originally Posted by SuaveShylo View Post
    She's in the UK and has already said she cant afford to get her back and just wants a good home for her.
    Do you have this in writing?
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

Don't show horse to K
    Keep copies of all correspondence
    Send anything registered mail so you can track it
    Make sure that you have copies of everything in email - for example, if you talk and she says that she is going to sign over - write an email saying something like "I'm so happy that you have agreed to sign X over to me"
    Don't discuss anything on this board until you have it all sorted - these things have a horrible job of going wrong and someone reading this board will know K, B or D
    Hope it all works out OK.

UPDATE:
    K has since told me that D gave K permission to sign Shylo over to B.
    She was going to find the letter that D gave her saying that, but it never happened...

The best news is that... D has recieved the papers, is signing them, and sending them back!!!! Not only that, but she is going to let me use her saddle that is FITTED to Shylo!!! WEEE!!

Happy endings rock.

I'm not too sure how to insert a photo into the post on this forum... So here's a link to a photo of me on Shylo, while Ella (my other pony) is being... well... ponied. xD
    PHOTO

Quote Originally Posted by CHT View Post
    What about talking to the police about it?
    Worst advice ever. The cops are not your friends in cases like this.

THIS IS ALL HEARSAY
    First - Find out the truth.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Oh yeaaa! Happy update!
    I want a signature but I have nothing original to say except: "STHU and RIDE!!!

Wonderful COTHER's I've met: belleellis, stefffic, snkstacres and janedoe726.

I would get a bill of sale, from the original owner and forget about all of the middle men. If you need to have a different signature on the papers, that is, non forged ones, work that out with the original owner, get paper reissued and have her sign them, make sure the bill of sale includes a statement saying that she will indeed abide by that agreement. It seems like the owner is not having a problem with you having the horse, I would certainly not let anyone else come and "visit" who was in any way connected with this mess. Oops, did not see the latest and that it worked out this way anyway, good deal. Glad it was so easy.
    "I have brought on the hatred of Wall Street and I relish it".
    Franklin Delano Roosevelt

It seems the OP has also posted this on another well-known horse site. Several of 'her' posts are almost word for word.

Troll??
    GR24's Musing #18 - More a reminder than a muse, on the first of the month, do your boob check for any lumps or differences.

I will post the EXACT same response I gave on the other site here for you, and everyone else, Goneriding.

"Because you can get different answers from people on other sites. I wanted to make sure I had suggestions from as many people as possible, so I could consider ALL my options.

I posted the update on both forums because, once again, there are different people on different sites. Yes some people are on both forums, but there are also people who are on the other forum that are not on this forum, and vice versa. & so, I posted the update on both."

I'm certainly not a troll, as can be seen by my posts on the other forum. I was formerly a member of this forum as well, but can't for the life of me remember my old username or password.

Thank-you for everyone's suggestions and advice!!

Quote Originally Posted by goneriding24 View Post
    It seems the OP has also posted this on another well-known horse site. Several of 'her' posts are almost word for word.

Troll??
    Why would that make her a troll??
    Delaware Park Canter Volunteer
    http://www.canterusa.org/

Quote Originally Posted by kcmel View Post
    Why would that make her a troll??
    I dunno. I thought it was odd to see the same posts over there as here. I'm a major lurker over there, when I do check in. The thought 'troll' meant someone who goes from board to board making the same posts, kind of like the Cayleigh posts someone alluded to. Someone getting almost the same answers. Someone who is trying to pull strings and get reactions.

??
    GR24's Musing #18 - More a reminder than a muse, on the first of the month, do your boob check for any lumps or differences.

Troll means someone who is lying and just trying to get a reaction out of people. Or, atleast, that's what I was told. I was not trying to get any sort of reaction out of anyone. I was asking for help. And I asked in two places in case there were different answers. Which there were.

Troll means someone who is lying and just trying to get a reaction out of people. Or, atleast, that's what I was told. I was not trying to get any sort of reaction out of anyone. I was asking for help. And I asked in two places in case there were different answers. Which there were.
    Happy New Year!! Glad things are working out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by goneriding24 View Post
    Happy New Year!! Glad things are working out for you.
    Thank-you. Happy new year to you as well.

This may have been posted earlier and I just missed, if so, I apoligize for the duplicate. Contact an attorney and if you are contacted by an attorney representing them, make sure the contact is valid.