The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default The Real Housewives

Is anybody besides me still watching The Real Housewives franchises? The new seasons of Atlanta and BH are on now and I can't get enough of this trash TV!

I feel this new season of Atlanta is going to be mighty juicy with the addition of Kenya and Porscha but I do miss Sheree!

1 members found this post helpful.

Me too! Beverly Hills in my fave (minus Taylor) - I love looking at their immaculate houses and expensive clothes, etc. I've only caught the 1st episode of Atlanta so far this season, but looking forward to it. The only one I won't watch is New Jersey. Too crazy and sad.

I love BH too. I actually read Taylor's book and it has given me a new appreciation for her. Her life definitely hasn't been easy!

New Jersey has become almost laughable - the portrayal (I say this because who knows what is true!) of Teresa is just unbelievable. Her husband is so rude to her, everyone on the show hates her. While she seems like an idiot, it is still sad

It's my secret vice. Beverly Hills only, I used to watch New Jersey...but they're just too out there for me...I can't handle the screaming and screeching.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

I gave up on it for awhile (guess my trashy tv threshold tolerance had been exceeded), but have watched the recent episodes of BH. I also watched OC the last time it was on. I always feel so much better about myself after watching, LOL.
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

How much to the chicks get paid?

Oh, and NeNe Leakes of the Atlanta group parlayed her thing there into an acting gig on The New Normal. She's not half bad. Good for her! I'm sure Bethany Frankel's Skinny Girl line got an initial boost from her tenure on the NYC housewives.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

I feel like I should make an alter to own up to this, but...me.

BH, Jersey and NY are the ones I like, though I've been known to partake in Miami and Atlanta if there is nothing else on.

I feel so dirty.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Me. Love them. Beverly Hills, NJ, and NY are the ones I make an effort to watch but I will watch Atlanta quite happily if a marathon happens to be on. My husband rolls his eyes every time he walks in and I have one of the shows on. I don't really watch TV and when I do, it complete trash which he thinks is very amusing. (I also love Jersey Shore. For shame.)

I watch. I don't even watch TV! I disconnected my cable in a fit of pique with Comcast. They have wooed me back (read--credited the heck out of my account and gave me a screaming cable/internet deal). I *just* got done watching two episodes of BH LOL!!

I watch Atlanta too, I might watch the Miami one. OC and NJ are just too icky and Klassy-With-A-K for me. UGH! And Taylor looks like a preboned widemouth bass! BLEC!!!
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

Ca, NY and sometimes Atlanta. I dislike NJ except for the parts about the boys trying to get their water business going.
    I love the whole theme of "rich housewives" when all of them are on it trying to make money or parlay it into advertising for their or hubby's business.
    I do like that Bethany seemed to "escape" and make it.
    It reminds me of those depression era (1930s) dance marathons, where the last couple left win the prize money. I don't think this franchise would exist/appeal in a more prosperous time.

The only one I watch is RH of Orange County and it hasn't been on for a while. Does anyone know when it's going to start up again?
    "You can't blame other people. You can't always say what happened wasn't my fault, and you know what? Even if you have an excuse, shut up. "Bruce Davidson Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Spot View Post
    I feel like I should make an alter to own up to this, but...me.

BH, Jersey and NY are the ones I like, though I've been known to partake in Miami and Atlanta if there is nothing else on.

I feel so dirty.
    Long Spot, you have a sister in the pigpen
    When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE THEM.

OC just finished season 7 (I think) somewhat recently.

I love them all but like Miami the least. Those women just don't speak to me as much as the others!

I grew up with three channels and just got satellite when SO and I moved in together three years ago, I am now addicted the RHW franchise. I pvr everything so I can watch them in peace and not hear the loud eyerolling coming from SO, plus I can fast fwd all the commercials. Lol

The NY one just aired last night. I am so glad Simon and Alex got the boot! They were such a creepy couple. Simon had told a story online that he umm pleasured himself when his wife was giving birth, but didn't realize it until they had untangled their legs from one another. *barf*.
    *warning foul language blog*
    http://http://www.realfauxhousewives...he-gave-birth/