The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Board and Training in Golden, CO area

I am considering a move to Golden CO and wondered if any of you have knowledge of a boarding facility and/or eventing or dressage trainer you would recommend. Thanks, in advance, for your help.
    Merryhooves

1 members found this post helpful.

I sold a horse that lives in Golden now. I believe at Table Mountain Ranch. Don't have details on the facility but it's a start

Try a PM to RAyers - he's a long time Area IX eventer who knows the locale.
    Brock
    Brock n. (Anglo-Saxon) badger as in Brockenhurst, Brocklebank etc www.area35.us

Live in Golden.

n the Golden area, we just lost 2 barns to development. Table Mountain Ranch is under continual threat of closure (many customers have moved out due to management issues). There are no eventers in the area. I think I am the only one (at least that I see at competitions).

The show barns that exist are Legacy and Capricorn. There is Shilo and Bibber Creek. I hear good things about Shilo. Not so much about Bibber (it seems to be being prepped for development as well). Both Legacy and Capricorn are full.

There are lots of back yard stuff around but it is variable. My neighbor is building a private indoor. I am not sure if she will have boarding. My vet has a western facility (Silver Acres).

Sorry to present bad news but that seems to be how the area is going. The towns are pushing out barns for development.

Eventer barns are about 1:30 south east of here. But again, we don't have a lot of eventers.

Reed,
    Sorry to hear that. We had a similar fate happen to our main eventing facility here in Wichita. To add insult to injury, the developer sold the properties as an "equestrian estate" - with no horses within miles.
    Brock
    Brock n. (Anglo-Saxon) badger as in Brockenhurst, Brocklebank etc www.area35.us