The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Sandy Hook Victims

Profiles of the Victims

Charlotte Bacon, 6
    Ana Marquez-Greene, 6
    Olivia Engel, 6
    Dylan Hockley, 6
    Madeline Hsu, 6
    Catherine Hubbard, 6
    Jesse Lewis, 6
    James Mattioli, 6
    Emilie Parker, 6
    Jack Pinto, 6
    Noah Pozner, 6 His birthday was Nov 20. He was the youngest. His twin sister survived.
    Caroline Previdi, 6
    Jessica Rekos, 6
    Avielle Richman, 6
    Benjamin Wheeler, 6
    Allison Wyatt, 6

Daniel Barden, 7
    Josephine Gay, 7 Her birthday was last week Tuesday (Dec 4)
    Chase Kowalski, 7
    Grace McDonnell, 7 Her birthday was Tuesday (Dec 11)

Rachel Davino, 29
    Dawn Hocksprung, 47
    Anne Marie Murphy, 52
    Lauren Russeau, 30
    Mary Sherlach, 56
    Victoria Soto, 27

“Everybody’s death was caused by gunshot wounds and obviously the manner of death on all these cases have been classified as homicide,” Carver said.

He said the primary weapon was a rifle.

He said that he personally performed seven autopsies and those children had between three and 11 wounds each. Two of them were shot at close range, the others at a distance.

“This is a very devastating set of injuries,” Carver said. “I believe everyone was hit more than once.”

Asked whether the victims suffered, he replied, “Not for very long.”
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...icer-says?lite

One of the little girls was supposed to have a riding lesson today
    Last edited by HighFlyinBey++; Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:35 PM.
    I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right
    Violence doesn't end violence. It extends it. Break the cycle.

Default Ana M. Marquez-Green

http://nbclatino.com/2012/12/15/sand...mayors-family/

The Puerto Rican newspaper El Nuevo Dia reports that one of the children killed in the Newtown, Connecticut school massacre is six-year-old Ana M. Marquez-Green, the grandchild of the sister of the Mayor of Maunabo, Puerto Rico, Jorge Marquez.

“I want to believe this is not really happening to me,”said the little girl’s grandmother, Elba Iris Marquez, who was described by the newspaper as drowned in grief and disconsolate.

“If my friends can’t believe it, how can I?” lamented the grandmother. ”Es un dolor muy grande,” said the grandmother, saying it was such profound grief.

The grandmother, who herself had been a teacher in Connecticut for many years before retiring, said to the Puerto Rican newspaper her daughter and family had moved back to Connecticut a couple of years ago after living in Canada, and she herself had helped them choose the quiet, nice town.

The family in Puerto Rico described an agonizing wait to find out what had happened to the grandchildren. Six-year-old Ana has an older brother, nine-year-old Isaias, and they are very close. Elba Iris Marquez says the family found out that Isaias was okay, but then they had to wait and wait to hear about Ana. They finally heard about 4 pm Friday.

The family worries about nine-year-old Isaias; according to the family, the siblings were very close. Ana was very close to her grandmother. The little girl also had a heart condition and was scheduled to have surgery soon.

Wow. It's just...gut wrenching.
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

I just cannot imagine.

My son is 23, but I still needed to hear his voice yesterday.

1 members found this post helpful.

I cannot fathom the depth of depravity it would take for someone to shoot - up close and personal - 20 very young and very innocent children. I cannot fathom the depth of grief the parents of those 20 children are now suffering. My heart breaks as I know so many others do.

Yes, HighFly ... I needed to talk to my 35-year-old son today and I hope he stops by tomorrow so I can give him a big hug.

I am crying so many tears for these parents and all the families.

2 members found this post helpful.

Default Emilie Parker

https://www.facebook.com/EmilieParkerFund

http://www.standard.net/stories/2012...chool-shooting

In a tearful talk with reporters, Robbie Parker, the 30-year-old father of 6-year-old Emilie Parker, who died in the shooting, said she was an exceptional artist who delighted in making cards and drawing pictures for people who needed an emotional lift.

"She always had a kind thing to say about everybody," he said. "I'm so blessed to be her dad."

He was teaching her Portuguese, and the last conversation he had with her – on Friday morning – was in that language, he said.

"She told me 'good morning' and asked how I was doing, and I said I was doing well," he said. Emilie told him she loved him, and they kissed before they left the home Friday morning, he said.

Video on CNN

Robbie Parker, the father of one of the victims – a 6-year-old girl – told reporters that she was "always smiling" and would, if she were alive, be one of the first people offering comfort to the relatives of the victims.

He thanked everyone who was offering condolences, and he offered his own to others who are suffering - including the family of the suspected shooter, Adam Lanza.

"I can’t imagine how hard this experience must be to you," Parker said, referring to the Lanza family.

He said his 6-year-old daughter was the "best friend" to her two younger sisters, and was teaching one of them to read.

"They looked to her when they needed comfort," Parker said. "Usually that's saved for a mom and a dad, but it was sweet to see ... how they would run to (her) for support and hugs and kisses.”

There are no words... I'm a teacher in an elementary school and my heart breaks for everyone involved - unimaginable... I'm afraid I may cry in front of my students on Monday...

Default NSFW

4 members found this post helpful.

I had a child bring a gun to my class once. He said if he left it home he was afraid his dad (a cop) would kill his mother.

Thanks, HighFlyinBey. I just hope this is all helping us turn the corner away from the complete selfishness and selfrightiousness and focusing on what's important. We need to focus on helping people in all ways, and not what people "deserve."

3 members found this post helpful.

I tried to watch the news. I lasted 3 minutes before I was sick to my stomach. I had to call my Daddy up just to talk to him. I felt like a scared little girl (and I'm 25!).
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

Dani, I haven't turned the TV on. I can't bring myself to do it. Last night I sat in the dark with only my laptop and Christmas lights and a strong Captain Morgan for company. I thought about calling my own parents, but well, the Captain was really strong.

Quote Originally Posted by happymom View Post
    I had a child bring a gun to my class once. He said if he left it home he was afraid his dad (a cop) would kill his mother.
    Oh, honey! That is so scary and sad. Poor little boy.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Happymom, did everything work out OK for that child and his mother??

Makes me cry. Between 3 and 11 bullet wounds apiece...oh, my god.

HighFlyinBey++
    Happymom, did everything work out OK for that child and his mother??
    Yes, thanks to available mental health assistance.

It was hard, but I made myself read each and every name on that list, and their ages. So heartbreaking. I was at work when I heard about it, and all I wanted to do was hug my girls and tell them how much I love them. It was a long day and our customers were buzzing about it and updating us everytime there was more news. Everyone was somber and sad.

HighFlyinBey++, please correct the title of this thread.. it is Sandy Hook, not Sandy Point. Thanks.

So sad to read how many little, little ones died - and on Facebook, stories are now going around about the heroic acts of some of their teachers, some who survived and some who died. Such a terrible day.

Very, very awful. I was looking at the photos yesterday - there were several of Mr. Parker, taken as he arrived at the school (running in a T-shirt) and later with his wife. They looked....lost. Completely lost.

Well we found out today they lost a daughter. He was (I believe) the first parent to speak. Those photos yesterday were just chilling.

The other photo that stuck out to me was the one of the woman sobbing on the phone, waiting to hear about the fate of her sister (a teacher.) Do any of you know if her sister survived?

And the story of Vickie Soto is just....wrenching. So courageous. So very, very brave. The same for Kristen (sp) Roig. I started to cry watching her interview with Diane Sawyer, in which she appeared to be asking forgiveness for telling the kids that she loved them, despite not being their parent. Like she felt she didn't have to right to say that.....
    It's a uterus, not a clown car. - Sayyedati

As hard as this is I am watching as well, Capall. Emilie Parker's dad pleaded for us to remember her not as a victim, but as a bright vibrant loving girl. I would want someone to remember my son for who he is, and so I will for Mr Parker and the other parents who are grieving
    Last edited by Griffyn; Dec. 16, 2012 at 01:07 AM. Reason: clarity