The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default For all those who will have a sad first tomorrow

I will be thinking of you.
    You are not alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

9 members found this post helpful.

Thanks.
    Kanoe Godby
    www.dyrkgodby.com
    See, I was raised by wolves and am really behind the 8-ball on diplomatic issue resolution.

1 members found this post helpful.

I won't be alone exactly. But I'm newly single, my dads entire family had the flu and my sister wont be joining us this year due to random drama. Oh and my cousins won't be joining us due to my sisters drama. It will just be me and my parents, when it's usually 12-14 people. Not alone, but not quite the same.

I'll be thinking of all the people who are actually alone. Anyone close by is welcome to come jpin our thanksgiving!

3 members found this post helpful.

I will be thinking of you all also. The first one is the worst, I promise it starts to get better.

*hugs* to everyone.

Not a first, but a third. My Mom passed away shortly before Thanksgiving 2010. It's still not any easier

My Dad is totally alone as I am an only child and I couldn't take the time off work to fly out and see him (he lives 2000 miles away). I have my SO but he has to work so I'll be alone tomorrow night. Thankfully I have a very cuddly puppy which will help. I might also go see pony, even if it's late.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

The lemonade to my lemons for today(and the past while) is my orchid bloomed.

My first one. I know, not a big deal to some. But lots of "things" have been going on, and this really made my day bright. Out of my gloom, something bloomed.

Otherwise, it would have been quite cloudy.

Picture of it is on the off-topic day. It is titled as such.

Going out to KISS and hug my horse. Hopefully, she hasn't been into the poison ivy.

3 members found this post helpful.

My first alone. and recovering from surgery a week ago. Recently out of a long term relationship I thought would last forever. Nice to know I am not all that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by dani0303 View Post
    Not a first, but a third. My Mom passed away shortly before Thanksgiving 2010. It's still not any easier
    My dear mother passed away last night. Yes, just last night. I'm still numb, even though it was fully expected. Going thru the motions & trying to appear normal. In fact, our friggin 20-pound turkey just went into the oven 90 minutes ago. We'll probably be eating at midnight. But who cares.

It's just my husband & me, but I still can't imagine Thanksgiving being the same again. It was bad enough when a much-loved cousin was shot in the head & killed by his own nephew in a deer-hunting accident the day before Thanksgiving back in 1995. That in itself made Thanksgiving a sad holiday for us. Now this.

The Thanksgiving cocktails made an earlier-than-usual appearance today. I'm surprised my posts don't read "Zfrtsaa exnlko gjhoioso hajdje".

2 members found this post helpful.

Bacardi1,
    I am so sorry for the loss of your Mother.
    Sending healing prayers to you.

I'm so sorry for your losses everyone. This is my grandmother's first Thanksgiving since my grandfather passed away this spring. They were married for around 65 years.

<hugs> all around
    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming part dog."
    -Edward Hoagland

Thank you so much.

It's particularly sad because my dad is non-ambulatory & in a nursing home. He did get to see mom yesterday for a little while. My brother arranged for an ambulance to bring him to mom's hospice & then back to his nursing home. But the whole situation is still sadder than sad. I'll probably have a big-time breakdown once it all hits me. But for now I'm just zombie-numb.

Oh, & all this is happening out-of state. Makes everything worse.

It was a strange day. Used to a lot of family around, so I surrounded myself with friends, and it was nice, but not the same. I will be spending Christmas with my sister and stepmom and niece, so that should be better. I do miss my stepkids, though, and wish that I could see them sometimes.

I am so sorry Bacardi. Even though it was expected, it's not easy. Lots of hugs from me and my SO (who I had just met when my mom died).
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

((((((bacardi)))))))

Quote Originally Posted by Bacardi1 View Post
    My dear mother passed away last night. Yes, just last night. I'm still numb, even though it was fully expected. Going thru the motions & trying to appear normal. In fact, our friggin 20-pound turkey just went into the oven 90 minutes ago. We'll probably be eating at midnight. But who cares.

It's just my husband & me, but I still can't imagine Thanksgiving being the same again. It was bad enough when a much-loved cousin was shot in the head & killed by his own nephew in a deer-hunting accident the day before Thanksgiving back in 1995. That in itself made Thanksgiving a sad holiday for us. Now this.

The Thanksgiving cocktails made an earlier-than-usual appearance today. I'm surprised my posts don't read "Zfrtsaa exnlko gjhoioso hajdje".
    HUGS!!!!!! My condolences.
    http://www.leakycreek.com/
    http://leakycreek.wordpress.com/ Rainbows & Mourning Doves Blog
    John P. Smith II 1973-2009 Love Always
    Father, Husband, Friend, Firefighter- Cancer Sucks- Cure Melanoma

well today was really hard. and I say that only matter of fact(ly) in retrospect...while in it, there was more of a feeling that I was not in the right place or that time moved differently for me than it did the others around the table or in the house at the same time....as if some drug had slowed down my perceptions of where I was.It was nice to be with friends and family of course,but this film kept me from being with them completely.As if another world waited and beckoned just.right.there. but I could not touch it.
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.

2 members found this post helpful.

Many hugs to you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Hugs and prayers to all. This will be my husbands first holidays with out his mother. She died last year after Christmas. Not too long after her 50 year anniversary with Grandpa. It hasn't been easy, and it is a little bit harder since he has to work and can't be with us at home today.
    Gilchrist said. "With Lost In The Fog, it's different. We want to take real good care of this horse. He's the only bullet in our holster."

Hugs to Bacardi and Tamara (and everyone else on this thread)