The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Smile The Thankful Thread

I don't see one of these yet so I guess I will start one, what are you especially thankful for this year?

I know it might sound dumb, but I am thankful for dental insurance. I have to get some a couple cavities filled and a crown put over a cracked tooth. There is no way I would be able to afford the crown without insurance. I had no idea they are so expensive!

I am also extremely grateful/thankful that my in-laws are going to help us buy a tractor for our property. We really need it.

2 members found this post helpful.

I lost my father-in-law this year, but am thankful that I have awesome in-laws and that he set a great example for my husband growing up. I lost my job, but am thankful that it forced me to explore a different area of teaching and to realize how much I love teaching and want to continue in that field. I lost my father, but I am thankful that I had thirty years with the absolute best, most loving and amazing dad I could ever luck into.

Most of all, I am thankful that this goddamn year is almost over!

3 members found this post helpful.

Into our second year of record breaking drought, but glad for the little rain we got.
    Grandma was right, even in a drought, it does rain some.
    You just have to be lucky to be under that cloud when it does.

Always hopeful for a better next year.

1 members found this post helpful.

I am thankful for everything. Every day. I've had a pretty darn easy year.

I finally got my first horse after like 25 years of waiting, so I'm overwhelmed with gratitude.

I'm also incredibly thankful for my parents and my job. And my health.

I'm thankful for my wonderful friends and family and friends who are family. I'm thankful that my dog and my horse have stayed healthy and happy. I'm thankful for my job(s) and for all of the opportunities I've had this year. And I'm thankful that this year has been a good one. Looking forward to the next.
    "Are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn. I can yawn, because I ride better than you. Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn. But you? Not so much..."
    -George Morris

Thankful for the positive return on returning to riding and horses. So fulfilling. So many really neat people. And horse smells to boot.

And especially for my new BO. This time last year...ugh.

And that I have a good solid house, that doesn't shake in superstorms!

Good health, and the possibility that all four of us siblings seem to be getting along right now!
    Last edited by CVPeg; Nov. 21, 2012 at 08:31 PM.
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

I am very thankful for my husbands continued cancer free checkups. The kind of cancer he had can be very problematic and thankfully, a year and a few months later he is still cancer free. I am always thankful for my family and friends.

5 members found this post helpful.

I'm thankful to have 4 days off!

I'm thankful Sandy wasn't worse in my immediate life (no flood, no tree damage, no horror show like north Jersey and NY got) and that the winter and summer were less extreme than the previous two years.

I'm thankful for my good luck in having a nice place to live, food, some extra cash for silly stuff, and hope for better.

I'm thankful my job is tolerable, if not particularly pleasant or renumerative.

I'm thankful I don't have to do any of the cooking tomorrow

Most of all, I am thankful that this goddamn year is almost over!

Amen. This has been a bad year for several people I love.

I am thankful for my Dad. Ever since I lost my Mom 2 years ago, we've become incredibly close. He is without a doubt my very best friend. I look forward to our daily phone calls. He supports me in any way possible while still pushing me to be the best I can be. I'm sad that I couldn't be with him this holiday, but I can't wait to see him at Christmas. I can't think of any other 25yo woman who is best friends with her Daddy
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

2 members found this post helpful.

I am thankful for the fact that I go to a great school, even though I say that I hate it.

I'm thankful for horses. ♥
    Proud member of the COTH Junior (and Junior-at-Heart!) clique!

I'm thankful for amazingly supportive parents and for friends who have become family. I am thankful that I have access to the best hospitals and doctors in the world. I am thankful that I have the opportunity to fight my disease instead of having to sit by passively while it slowly kills me because I can't afford the 30K+ per month in hospital bills, medications, and doctor's visits. I am thankful for the days I feel healthy enough to ride my horses; any of them. I am thankful for the quiet moment at the end of the day when the sun is setting over my farm and the air turns cool and everything is quiet and I know that I've one more memory to hold on to and to carry with me for strength and to remind me what I am fighting for. I am thankful for my animals who do not judge when I'm in no mood to speak or wander too far from my bed; instead, they just keep me company. I am thankful that I have enough energy to spend today with one of my very best friends having Thanksgiving lunch on the beach. Even if it means I'll need to take the next three days to rest, I'm thankful that I've had something so wonderful to look forward to all week.

But most of all, I'm thankful that I'm here, right now. Regardless of tomorrow or if I get to be here ten years from now, I'm still here. And that's beautiful.
    Nine out of ten times, you'll get it wrong...but it's that tenth time that you get it right that makes all the difference.

4 members found this post helpful.

I am thankful that I have the opportunity to own and love a horse. I am thankful for the chances I have had to further my riding and my horsemanship.

I am thankful for all of my wonderful friends and family who have supported me in my crazy hobby and my crazy life. I am thankful to have a roof over my head, food on my table, and a warm place to sleep. I am thankful for the multitude of cats (and one dog) that help keep that place to sleep warm.

I am thankful for the chance to pursue a higher education at some wonderful universities. I am thankful that I have the resources and support to do so. I am thankful, every day, that I am mentally and physically capable of doing whatever I set my mind to.

I am thankful for health insurance that allows me to afford the medication I need to keep my anxiety down. I am thankful for wonderful doctors who were understanding and willing to try every medication until we found one that finally worked.

I am thankful for every breath I take.

1 members found this post helpful.