The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    I agree, I have gotten so many thumbs down from the most innocent posts,
    Thanksgiving dinner idea, Secret santa, What books I am reading??
    Really really strange. I would hate to see if I posted something really controversial!
    No kidding! I got several "BAD" notifications from innocent things like 1) saying "Thank you" to a poster and for my above post about my thoughts on the whole notification system lol!
    Michael: Seems the people who burned me want me for a job.
    Sam: A job? Does it pay?
    Michael: Nah, it's more of a "we'll kill you if you don't do it" type of thing.
    Sam: Oh. I've never liked those.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Grataan View Post
    No kidding! I got several "BAD" notifications from innocent things like 1) saying "Thank you" to a poster and for my above post about my thoughts on the whole notification system lol!
    yeah, really weird stuff.
    I posted a recipe, thumbs down.
    it was actually a good one from my MIL....

Like I said, it amuses me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

I was off all day and came back to 17 bad notices..
    LOL Okaaaay. If it was not so sad it might be funny.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Now it's 16. Woohoo! Bigot busting.

Edited to add another 3 points.

Edited to add, I'm losing count.
    I think I got you beat. over 20 now! LOL.
    I am all for the Small business Saturday, in fact that is where I do almost all my shopping, Small businesses.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

What is really saddening to me is that, I believed even though I don't always agree with some of the comments and say so, I always felt the posters here were mature, reasonable people. When I see someone giving TD senselessly and quite obviously, out of mere nastiness, I realize we have immature and irrational people here just as with every other website.

I can ignore mine, and I do, but it really cheapens the site.

2 members found this post helpful.

I'm with MistyBlue thinking it's hilarious!

Especially when I get a thumbs up on one of my more provocative posts. Glad to see that someone else is as warped as I am.

When I get thumbs down on some of the 'calmer' posts, that's even funnier.

I look at it as a cowards way out sometimes. Most of the time I just chuckle that someone actually took the time to read what I said.

I just wish that once I'd checked the Notification that they would go away instead of just hanging around seemingly forever.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    I think I got you beat. over 20 now! LOL.
    I am all for the Small business Saturday, in fact that is where I do almost all my shopping, Small businesses.

I've lost track...but I did get a thumbs down for my movie choices...Blazing Saddles, Arsenic and Old Lace and Princess Bride. What's not to like?

Maybe we can form a club. The Bigot Busters!
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

I really think that Laura's assumption that those who give her a thumbs down are bigots is invalid. It just means they don't have the cajones to tell her to her face that they disagree with her or maybe just don't like her. So, instead of "Bigot Busters" your club would be "Agree With Me Pleasepleaseplease"

The thumbs down is a passive aggressive tool for sissies. I will just simply *say* I disagree and why.
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

Quote Originally Posted by happymom View Post
    What is really saddening to me is that, I believed even though I don't always agree with some of the comments and say so, I always felt the posters here were mature, reasonable people. When I see someone giving TD senselessly and quite obviously, out of mere nastiness, I realize we have immature and irrational people here just as with every other website.

I can ignore mine, and I do, but it really cheapens the site.
    Exactly right Happymom! It does seem there are many immature people on here. If they had any spine they would just say they do not like or disagree with a post. The way it used to be. The odd thing is it is almost random, Thumbs down to innocent posts. Here comes another one.

Your post was "liked" first! Pretty fast for a 40 something old broad WOOTWOOT!
    The Knotted Pony

Nah, it's probably not people disagreeing with the actual posts they're thumbing down. It's most likely people fishing around for posts by people they're never liked and can now exercise their pretend cojones in secret by thumbing them down anonymously.

What would be even more hilarious is if the mods announced, "We'll be making public all identities of thumbers!"

It'd be like turning the lights on in a cockroach infested kitchen, lol!

Who could thumb down Blazing Saddles or The Princess Bride? "I do not think your thumb means what you think it means."
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    "I do not think your thumb means what you think it means."

YES THIS LOL!!!!
    The Knotted Pony

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by twotrudoc View Post

The thumbs down is a passive aggressive tool for sissies. I will just simply *say* I disagree and why.
    no, it is a training tool for future Bullies

How so? I have never seen a passive aggressive sneak bully anyone?
    The Knotted Pony

It actually gives me comic relief. Ever since I replied to an elf on the Secret Santa thread the other day for a blatant political pontification and said that the SS thread above all is absolutely NOT the place for our political opinions, I've suddenly got a few people stalking me downrating everything. Earlier today, for instance, I replied on the comic movies thread listing 4 movies by name, no other text. Yep, here was the thumbs down promptly.

But it really is funny to me at this point. I don't bother looking up all the post numbers, but a few days ago, I was having a tough day and clicked the latest, just to see what it was. It was a statement about purring cats (see Cat Facts Thread, page 1). The fact that somebody bothered to thumbs down that got me tickled, and once I finally stopped smiling, I felt much better and went back to unsnarling the current work snarl in a better frame of mind once the work server returned.

So have at it, thumbs-down folks. Whatever floats your boat, and thanks for the unintended comic relief that you are providing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by twotrudoc View Post
    I really think that Laura's assumption that those who give her a thumbs down are bigots is invalid. It just means they don't have the cajones to tell her to her face that they disagree with her or maybe just don't like her. So, instead of "Bigot Busters" your club would be "Agree With Me Pleasepleaseplease"

No, I'm only accruing points from the MD gay rights thread, and I started on this one. Now, I think we've moved on to she pisses me off points. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    Nah, it's probably not people disagreeing with the actual posts they're thumbing down. It's most likely people fishing around for posts by people they're never liked and can now exercise their pretend cojones in secret by thumbing them down anonymously.

What would be even more hilarious is if the mods announced, "We'll be making public all identities of thumbers!"

It'd be like turning the lights on in a cockroach infested kitchen, lol!

Who could thumb down Blazing Saddles or The Princess Bride? "I do not think your thumb means what you think it means."
    Public thumbs up!

I think the notifications are an annoyance. Not really bad, but kind of like gnats that fly around. They don't really do much harm, but you really wish they would go away.

I'm on some other internet forums and the ones that don't use notifications generally have more polite disussions. People do disagree but those conversations are more civil.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara in TN View Post
    I have gotten 8 or 9 thumbs down in one day on my less than glowing reports of that jackwater wanna be Clinton Anderson....guess the Jonestown followers found me..

yeah.....I'm pretty heartbroke about it...
    if for no other reason to get rid of it ....Who could ever give Tamara a thumbs down on any post that she has ever made?

These notifications on TU and TD are funny. I posted on a topic at the end that I put on my flame suit and said I expected to get some TD. What has happened so far is that I've gotten 4 TU and no TD's. Go figure....
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!