The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Any Comments - Off the Track Thoroughbred Rescue, Glenmoore, PA

Looking for feedback from those who have have gotten a horse from this rescue. Do they give you ownership or is it an adoption arrangement? Do they follow up on the horses by requiring regular vet checks, etc.? What was your impression? Would you adopt from them again?

Default Stay Clear

Quote Originally Posted by NCSue View Post
    Looking for feedback from those who have have gotten a horse from this rescue. Do they give you ownership or is it an adoption arrangement? Do they follow up on the horses by requiring regular vet checks, etc.? What was your impression? Would you adopt from them again?
    If you adopt from this woman, good luck in getting any kind of paperwork! This lady, from what I understand has and is being sued, due to shady practices.

She has also been known to adopt a horse out and then go and take it back. Since no paperwork is given out you will have nothing in writing stating the horse is yours!

Her horses also do not receive any vet or dental care, while she has them. I have a OTTB that I got from her that needs quite a bit of dental work that should have been done while in her care!

My advice stay away from this one and go to a more reputable rescue like Mid-Atlantic Horse Rescue!

1 members found this post helpful.