The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Hunter in Hand-2yr old

Hello Everyone,
    I am new to COTH forum. I was wondering if any one could give me some tips in Hunter Breeding in Hand. I have a one yr old DW, that I would like to show next yr in the 2 yr old divison. She was inspected, but I know that ISR inspection is a little different then hunter in hand. Also what does the handler wear? I have found plenty of pictures of male handlers but no female. Also what rated show in VA offer usaully in hand classes. Also if it helps can post a picture of my yearling, if anyone has tips on what to work on with her to help us imporve her look.

I would suggest posting in the Sport Horse Breeding section, as they have more people who show the babies.

I know Upperville, Deep Run and Warrenton all have in hand classes, and you can search the USEF website for other shows which have them.

Definitely post pictures!

I know that Upperville has always had a nice in hand section and that show is fantastic itself.

If you would like to come down to our barn in Chesterfield, junior is available to give you handling lessons and I can teach you about conditioning and turnout.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

Can I ask where you are located? I am in Roanoke VA. Also how much do you charge? Would love to get more inforation!!!