The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Smart Pak EZ keeper grass supplement alternative?

I am SHOCKED (shocked, I tell you!!) that my mare is being picky, since she usually hoovers up everything in her path, but she hates this supplement.

She eats the handful of grain that she gets with it, manages to eat around these pellets. They get soggy & eventually a lot of them get tossed after a day or two. I have been trying since Sept, but she isn't having it.

I was liking the convenient auto ship & free barn buddy shipping, dngit.

Anyone have suggestions for other options that they have used & horses found palatable, preferably that won't break the bank (including ship)? Crumble or powder might be good in case she has just gotten picky.

she gets a good grass hay, handful of grain just to make her think she is getting something when everyone else comes in.

Have SmartPak send you samples of the Micro-Phase by Kentucky Performance Products

Flavored anything from Horsetech. Plus, they send free Famous Amos cookies

Uckele's Equi-Base grass comes in powder or pellets. Wait for one of their half-off shipping offers or see if your tack/feed store can order it.
    Click here before you buy.

Second Horsetech. My horse has never had a problem with their powdered multi vite. Plus, they're an awesome company to work with. Super nice and accommodating! If you contact them they will send you a free sample n

I have one like yours. He will eat just about anything and we go thru long periods where he refuses to eat his EZ keeper grass pellets. I simply add a little water to his hay stretcher (the tiny amount of feed he gets to go with his supplements) so it turns into a mash and then stir his supplements into it.

1 members found this post helpful.

I get the pelleted Mega Cell from Smartpak. http://www.smartpakequine.com/megace...x?cm_vc=Search

Even at 1.5X dose, it's still cheaper then the Smartvites and does a great job. Horses look amazing, everyone eats it even the new picky ulcer mare.