The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arrow Free WB Breedings

Escapade (Escudo/Graf Grannus) X GoldWalzer (Zeus/Goldstern) - Young flashy stud with great bloodlines!

I posted this in Sport Horse Breeding, I hope it is acceptable to post here as well.... someone with a spare mare might find him interesting!

For the next 30 days or so I have a young stud who will be at the stallion station being tested, collected and frozen for export to be used in the foundation of a breeding program for Sport Horses in Asia. He was chosen based on his pedigree and type.
    This is a great opportunity for me, so I want to pass it along! If you have a mare that you would like to breed in Sept. or Oct. to produce a hunter or jumper type foal, I'm offering semen at no cost. You only pay the Stallion Station's fee for the collection ($250) and the cost of shipping. There is no live foal guarantee, and you will only be able to order semen until the day he leaves the facility NOTE: Dates have changed... this offer is being extended a bit to the end of October. This young stud's sire and dam are imported from Germany, his dam has produced internationally competitive jumpers and his sire, Escapade has thrown many champion hunters. Embrace (my boy) has been inspected and reg. Old na but not approved for breeding yet. If there is enough interest we might take him to the AWR this year so that his foals have somewhere to be approved. See his pedigree here: http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/embrace5 ~Contact me for more details!
    http://www.facebook.com/SunFireFarm#...9392368?ref=mf
    Last edited by SunFire Farm; Sep. 10, 2010 at 10:13 AM. Reason: dates have changed
    ~~~The first step is admitting you have a problem.~~~
    ~~My name is Wendy, and I'm a horse-a-holic.~~

It is not "free" if you have to pay, right? It could cost just as much as an approved stallion with a Live foal guarantee....

People, be careful, you get what you pay for and it is worth it to go with a stallion that has already been approved.

Seems like this same person has done this with other unapproved stallions in the past.

Is this not a place to post free to good home stuff not.... free but it costs you for every shipment???

This post has an odd smell to it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Domino'spal View Post
    It is not "free" if you have to pay, right? It could cost just as much as an approved stallion with a Live foal guarantee....

People, be careful, you get what you pay for and it is worth it to go with a stallion that has already been approved.

Seems like this same person has done this with other unapproved stallions in the past.

Is this not a place to post free to good home stuff not.... free but it costs you for every shipment???

This post has an odd smell to it!!!!
    What in the world are you talking about? What does "Seems like this same person has done this with other unapproved stallions in the past." mean?

When ever you ship fresh cooled semen you have to pay for the collection. I'm not collecting him myself, he's at a stallion station. I receive no money at all.

Goodness.

The mods wouldn't have posted it if it wasn't allowed.

Even when Feuertanzer was standing for free (meaning $0 stud fee) mare owners were expected to pay for collection and shipping. This is considered reasonable and customary in the horse world.

This is a great opportunity for someone to breed a questionable mare who may or may not take or carry to term without spending $1000+ for the stud fee ON TOP OF shipping and collection fees to match good European lines with an approved and proven stallion. If it works, great. If not, at least the mare owner is only in for a small amount in comparison.

This guy is nice and I wish I had a mare worthy of breeding to him.

So, take a chill pill Domino'spal.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post

This guy is nice and I wish I had a mare worthy of breeding to him.
    Thankyou. It seems that more COTH users are sensible and kind rather than rude and ignorant... but the rude one's sure do put a smudge on the day. LOL Thankyou for sharing some honest knowledge and Thankyou for the compliment. I think he's a nice boy too.... but of course my opinion is biased.

I am chilled, just a warning. It seems questionable and since I am a breeder and spend alot of time and money getting our stock approved and see stallions that cannot pass inspection due to problems. I find it questionable.

If you have to pay 250 per, and have to collect two or three times, that is 750 dollars and no live foal.

You can pay for an approved stallion and be assured a foal for a little more.

I have seen this before where the stallion could not get approval so the owner offered "free breeding" but you have to pay for every collection using the excuse that he had an injury forcing him to not get approved.

We collect at a vet office nearby and it is cheaper than 250.

Not being ugly, just questioning it and trying to educate people on how the warmblood registries work. The stallion HAS to be approved for the baby to be approved as well as the mother.

So I guess if you want an unregistered baby for you own pleasure and want to spend the money and risk not getting a baby at all, try it, it is a free country!

If I am going through all the effort to breed and have a baby, I want it to be able to be registered.

It is just risky, that is why the WB's go through all the inspection stuff, to get good, sound babies.

Domino'spal:

Rather than cast disparaging remarks and "warning" others to be careful.... why not ask intelligent questions? This way, you could show the world that you are very savy and I am just some crook out to take advantage of the poor unsuspecting mare owner, with out making comments that can be so easily rebutted.

1st. You claimed that I have "done this with other unapproved stallions in the past." ---- This is kind of funny, because I have a very small farm and the only stallions that I have ever had here were my mothers Sec. A welsh's. You caught me. Neither of those 12H stallions were approved Warmbloods.

2nd. You were surprised that a free breeding "costs you for every shipment???" ----- I'm sorry, I did ask FedEx to send it for free.... but they didn't like the idea.
    No matter what stallion you use, the mare owner pays for collection for each and every shipment, and FedEx charges to bring it from the stallion to the mare. If you have paid a stud fee, the cost of collection and shipment are added to that cost.I have no control over what the stallion station charges for the service.

3rd. You said "I have seen this before where the stallion could not get approval so the owner offered "free breeding" but you have to pay for every collection using the excuse that he had an injury forcing him to not get approved."
    This one is irritating. I don't recall anyone saying anything about "the stallion could not get approval" If you bothered to ask whether he had been presented as a stallion yet, or had watch one of his video's... you would have noticed that he is not even three yet. He's barely started under saddle. It is very likely that he will be an approved stallion once he is old enough to be presented.... or he might go compete and earn his approval that way. He's lovely, talented, extremely well bred and athletic. He has half brothers out of the same mare in Germany who have competed in top international jumping competitions. There is not a single stallion within three generation on his pedigree that isn't extremely well known, and a few are out right famous.

I am very lucky to own this colt, I'm not a big breeding farm that imported all of their stock.... I just happen to have come across one absolutely exceptional mare and in the process of trying to make myself a filly to replace her (she's quite old), she gave me an exceptional colt. I again got very lucky and was able to get the colt into a very interesting program where his semen will be exported out of the country to begin a Sport Horse breeding program in Asia.... and so I am offering to pass that luck along if someone happens to be in a position to receive it.
    Domino'spal, if you are unable to read the authentic good will and honest want to pass on some good luck in my post... you must live under a dark cloud and feel a need to spread a glum outlook to others.

I can't WAIT for the fall 2011 E-mails telling me about the new foals born with high white on their legs and daddy's big ears, that jumped the stall gate to the pasture when they were just a month old. So..... [Mare Owners, if your in the unique position of having an open mare that you might want to breed in the next 30 days for a hunter/jumper/eventing foal (that might just have white up to their knees) contact me asap!

As I said, you are the ignorant one, why are you so defensive then?

I have seen many stallion owners bring thier stallion to inspection thinking they are "all that" and they did not make the cut due to major conformation flaws.

I am happy you think your horse is all that!

We, as people who breed WB's, which as you stated you have never done before, work hard to produce a quality horse. This is why the standards are so high so we produce the best horse possible.

I am sorry if you take offense to me encouraging people to breed to approved stallions. The cost is just as much as to breed to your unapproved, unproven stallion.

He can go up for inspection as a three y.o., mine did. why not do it if you are so proud of him?

Fed ex does not charge that much for shipping. By the way, does the 250 dollar check get written to you? Just curious.

I am just encouraging people who do not normally breed, to think about what they are getting. Cheap always ends up expensive.

If you are giving away breedings, give it away, do not charge for it!

I always include collection when I donate a breeding to an organization.

I can see the niceness of offering the breedings at low cost. I can see wanting to test breed.. He is a pretty boy. Being inexperienced I would wonder if it will take as mentioned above multiple collections. At 250 a pop plus more to ship if it did take 3 collections people could purchase proven stallion semen for that cost. Making it unfortunately no longer low priced.

Seriously people?! It costs you that everytime you get a collection from any stallion. So you pay the stud fee of x amount and then each shipment get charged a collection and shipping fee. She is just cutting out the stud fee she would receive. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

Good Luck in your adventure SunFire. I hope he has lovely babies.

Wait... Is it one breeding dose per collection? Or are we talking multiple collections to get a breeding dose.

If a single dose is one collection than that is ok. If its more then its as expensive as some very nice proven stallions.

I AM looking for a stallion for a mare of mine. I am willing to try an unproven stallion taking a risk for a lower stud fee, but if you book early enough there are some great deals to be had with proven stallions.

1st off, Sunfire farm, what a flashy, gorgeous stud. I wish you all the luck in the world with him, and if I still had my approved mare I would be very interested in what you are offering.
    2nd off, PEOPLE GET A GRIP! All she is doing is throwing an offer out there. If you don't want to take it, don't take it, no big frickin deal. There is NO need to get on her case, be rude, etc. Just don't do it if you don't want to.
    I am amazed at some adults behavior. There is a time and a place, but for the most part, if you don't have something nice (or constructive) to say, and no one asks for your opinion/advice, then keep it to yourself.
    Your dog may not be broken, but he still needs to be fixed.

2 members found this post helpful.

He is gorgeous and honestly if I had a mare that I wanted to breed I would be on this like white on rice! People on this board are SO ridiculously unreasonable at times! For crying out loud let the woman offer this if she wants to!

Oh I think he is lovely.

But this is the "giveaway" forum. I did say if its 250 plus shipping, ok.. but if its going to be 750 plus shipping (if he needs to be collected multiple times) then thats hardly a giveaway...

Thankyou for all of your kind words!

The cost of collection is paid directly to the Stallion Station, I'm not sure if the price includes shipping... but I think it might. A mare owner would pay per shipment so if their mare caught on the first try that is all they would pay. I doubt he will be there long enough for a mare to produce three good follicles to breed on... so the "$750" scenario isn't likely to happen.

Again, I am receiving no money.

Domino'spal, I'm very curious.... what stallion or stallions do you own? I'm not asking out of malice, I am trying to understand where you are coming from.

Sunfire, Best of luck with your boy!

As someone who ONLY breeds A.I., I can say that the collection fee is standard. We do not collect our boy ourselves, we have a vet do that. So everytime we have him collected, even to breed our own mares, we are charged. To Ship is a fee on top of the collection fee. It's not something we have control over. And $250 is NOT a bad price for shipping and collection fees. It's on the cheaper end of standard. So on that point, Sunfire is being very generous. Why should she pay the collection fee for you to breed your mare? She's already making no money on it, why should she lose money?

As far as the unapproved stallion situation, I would be hesitant about breeding and here's why. We just went through the situation with a filly of ours. We were given a Mare in foal to an Oldenburg stud. At the time we took her, we didn't realize he was unapproved and really didn't know much about the Oldenburg registry and it's rules. We were told we'd have no problem registering the foal. WRONG! Fortunately the Stallion was approved at the same inspection I presented the filly at. So the judges went ahead and approved our filly as well. (she is truly a lovely little girl) However, since the stallion was not approved, there was no breeding certificate. So the judge said the stallion owner needed to get me one. She then tried to rip me off demanding money from me for the certificate since the mare was bred at a rate for an unapproved stallion (yes, there was a stud fee paid by the mare's previous owner for this breeding). I refused and the Judge told us it was no longer between us and the stallion owner, it was now between him and her. So we WILL be getting our registration paper for the filly But I will NEVER deal with that stallion owner, her farm, or any Oldenburg needing inspection again. The whole process was stressful, annoying, frustrating, angering, and not worth it.

I am NOT saying Sunfire would ever try to pull what that stallion owner did. But knowing the foal would be unregisterable would turn me off the whole idea. The fact that I refuse to go through this again would also turn me off that whole idea. But that is ME. For someone willing to take the risk and deal with the results, this is an awesome opportunity.
    http://www.newhorizonsranch.com
    Breeders of Friesian Sport Horses
    Standing Darktanion, Purebred Friesian Stallion

Okay, as a new stallion owner who happens to have met this OP I think you should take this offer for what it appears. A VERY NICE OFFER from a VERY NICE PERSON.

I charge $250 for a fresh semen collection for my stallion (does not include shipping). Believe it or not, it actually costs me more than that for a fresh semen collection. I do not collect him myself so I drive him 4 hours round trip to collect him, so between the cost to the stallion station, gas money, my time off of work, etc., my "true" costs are actually higher than $250. So I would highly doubt that the OP would be making any money off of this offer.

The colt referenced here is very nice and most likely can and will get approved by registries. If you are concerned about future registration if he would get approved, discuss that with the OP prior to breeding and come up with a decision. I am sure the OP would be more than willing to this.

This is a nice opportunity for some mare owners and a nice opportunity to see what he will produce for the OP.
    Richard, Approved Black KWPN Stallion
    Website
    and Facebook page
    Oh Kaptain Underpants SFS, Approved BRp pony stallion
    Website and Facebook page

OMG, Domino'spal (AKA, Heidi),
    You should pay more attention to who your being rude to! I just realized that you contacted me about my "free to good home" Swedish/Oldenburg mare a couple of weeks ago! (She found a wonderful home in Indiana, by the way.... Thankyou COTH) Its funny to me that you were so nice when you wanted my free mare. LOL You even sent me your web site: www.fastfirstfarmnc.com

What a pretty stallion you have. He's very colorful! Who is he approved through? [EDIT: I thought better of my remarks here.... maybe he's just not current in his fee's.... that would explain why he's not listed on any of the WB stallion roasters] He must have a colorful Dam as well in order to be homozygous, but I didn't see her pedigree listed anywhere....

To all other COTHer's: I apologize for this rather catty post. I know I should take the high road.... and I'm normally stronger than this.... but after all of the rude posts Domino'spal wrote about my "unapproved" stallion and how much better her "approved" stallion is.... I grew weak. Please forgive me.
    Last edited by SunFire Farm; Sep. 6, 2010 at 09:51 PM.

Default wishful thinking!

I wish I had the extra cash flow to take advantage of this right now. I love Escapade and had him on my short list of stallions to breed to next year, but you boy is so beautiful that I wouldn't mind taking part in your "test run" to see what could be produced!

This is a wonderful oppertunity to take advantage of nice stallion if you are looking for a nice hunter/jumper prospect for yourself!
    Katherine
    Proudly owned by 7 horses, 6 dogs, 3 cats and 1 Turkey
    www.piattfarms.com

Default Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by rodawn View Post
    I can't see the stallion's picture - it says it was removed???
    I don't know why some folks can see it and others can't....
    If you on Facebook take a look at his page, I have posted a number of pictures of him and his Dam and video as well.

http://www.facebook.com/SunFireFarm#...9392368?ref=mf

Otherwise visit my web page.... its not the fanciest, but you can see pictures and video there as well

www.sunfirefarm.piczo.com

Thankyou for looking!