The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm so sorry and I understand how you feel-- I have had so many properties fall through on me over the years. Hang in there, though... something WILL work out eventually!
    Don't fall for a girl who fell for a horse just to be number two in her world... ~EFO

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashGordon View Post
    Well the deal on the property we were attempting to purchase fell through. It's been 2 weeks since things fell apart and I am still beyond sad! I know it sounds totally ridiculous to most normal folk that I'm even upset, but alas, it was like being ::this close:: to a dream.... my family is all looking at me cross-eyed, totally not understanding why it is so disappointing.

I know when one door closes another opens... we just invested so much time and energy into THIS property, the thought of going through it all over again with another property sounds exhausting.

I was really looking forward to having my mare at home, especially since the barn is a 40 minute commute right now and with my husband and childrens' schedules, I only get there 1-2x a week.

Anyway just needed to whine for a moment... and hoping there are folks out there who have been on this rollercoaster and had it turn out for the best.
    I have been there. I got the best advice ever from my dear Aunt who was a realtor. She said, "There is Always A Bargain."

Like my Aunt told me, this property seems like the perfect property, and the best bargain, a deal you will never find again. Of course you are upset at the time wasted and the high emotional cost of having your hopes dashed after dreaming and imagining yourself in your new home. But you will find a place as good, and probably better, than this one. Heck, this property might even come back on the market in a few months at a reduced price. It happens.

Over the years, I have found this to be incredibly helpful with real estate deals.

Thanks guys for all the sage advice.... I truly do appreciate it and it does help to lessen the blow.

One thing I have learned before, is that things do happen when they are meant to... sometimes though it is hard to remember that lesson. So for now we will hunker down for the winter and perhaps resume a farm search in the spring.

Things could be worse, we have a roof over our heads, hubby has a good job and my wee ones are healthy and happy.... so while at one point earlier this year I thought I'd be spending Thanksgiving in our new digs, I know that *someday* I will.... even if it wasn't this year.
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

Whenever I've chosen one property over another, or lost out on one, I've found that the one I actually bought was much more right for me. I'm just glad your husband found a much better job, and that everyone is healthy now.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Yes absolutely Jan.... he had planned to leave his current job to run the business. Thankfully he had continued to send out resumes and interview so when the farm fell through, he had several opportunities available and was still able to exit his crappy job. (Actually it wasn't a bad job, just an awful work environment. )

Anyway he starts his new gig Monday so that is a huge blessing.

Default Look at it this way

When you get home tonight, you will not find that your horse has decided to play with a frost free pump handle, that no other horse on the property has even gotten near in the last ten years and somehow managed to snap it off in the middle of the pipe (he's a big draft cross, crossed with draft I'm sure) resulting in a lovely big fountain of water arching out into the pasture, then playing in the resulting mud. On a holiday weekend.

Thank heavens we spent the money over the summer to install shut off valves at each pump.

We get these lovely little recorded messages from the water company. "You seem to be using an extraordinary amount of water today, please check for leaks".

Oh yeah, there was a leak alright.

The right place will come along, and when it's right, it won't be a big hassle, it will just, be.

Where were you trying to buy? Region only if you don't want to be specific .
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

TJ, we are in NY. We've talked about going south but have a lot of family here, so we're here.... for now... maybe we'll end up looking further down the coast when we re-start the search.

Ok! Satisfied my curiosity :-).
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl