The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
    Bozeman, MT

Default Where to get quality spur straps?

After replacing my spur straps twice and realizing that the new ones aren't of quality either I thought I would ask COTH...Who makes good quality spur straps and where can I get them? I know I've seen Parlanti ss, but I can only find one website that carries them and they would have to ship from Europe!

New England

Beval. I've had these ones:
    for years and years and they've held up beautifully. I love how they have a separate keeper as well.

I also have a pair of their stirrup buckle ones, but I don't like them as much for some reason.
    friend of bar.ka

I just got the ones the user above showed-they seem really nice, but when I went to try them on my spurs and boots, they seem to scratch pretty easily. They are gorgeous, however, I am not sure how their durability is.

I only wear Hadfields spur straps, the leather is excellent and I love that they have the double loops for the long end. I have them in black as well as brown, which is not so easy to find.

Although I just saw a gorgeous pair of Pinnell straps with beautiful silver tips and buckles at Atlanta Saddlery. I didn't even bother asking the price but if money is no object I would definitely look into them.

Has anyone tried rubber ones? Are they hideous? Okay for schooling?