The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default '08 Hawk Elite 6 horse head to head (or one close in age)

Anyone have one? Do you like it? How has it held up? What don't you like? TIA

Is it 3 and 3 across?? I find those stalls way too narrow (8' divided by 3) for bigger horses. Otherwise it would be okay depending on condition. Is it steel?? Check for rust and the floor for rot.
    www.crosscreeksporthorses.com
    Breeders of Painted Thoroughbreds and Uniquely Painted Irish Sport Horses in Northeast Oklahoma

I know someone with one. I think they turned there's into a 3 and 2 horse to accomodate some of their bigger horses. I like how easy it is to convert it to two box stalls.

I think they sold it though; found it too long to easily navigate into narrower driveways.

We already have an 08 Kieffer Evolution 6 horse that is, without putting too fine a point on it, a POS. We like the Hawk and the new standard Elites are not a fortune (relatively speaking). There is also an 08 Hawk 6 horse near us for a good price. It is 8 1/2 feet wide and 6" taller than our current trailer and 1' longer. I am just looking to see if anyone has any experience with this particular trailer and how it stands up to wear and tear. We have been told that with Kieffer they make decent 2-3 horse trailers, specifically slants, but the bigger trailers are not great. We would tend to agree with that.

We have the 4 horse h to h elite 07 model and have no complaints Added two feet to the dressing/tack room during construction (took it from 4' to 6') and we really appreciate the extra storage room. It is a looooong trailer but once you get used to it, it is not so bad.