The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Since the car got a thorough cleaning (and scheduled maintenance to boot, so the outside and inside are looking good), I decided to step up my game. First, I bought Armorall wipes that I now keep in one of the front-and-center cup holders. I used to use baby wipes, but hubby lamented it wouldn't be good for the interior (whatever). NOW I have them right there.

I also printed up some car rules that I will hang on the back on the front seats, in full view of my sons. Only one is old enough to read it, but I added plenty of clip art to illustrate my point. My rules are:

1) Anything you bring in the car, you take out.
    2) Quiet voices and sounds.
    3) Stay in your space, and respect the space of others.
    4) No food that crumbles (cookies, crackers, etc.)
    5) No sticky drinks.

We'll see if any of this does any good. I have hope. (I also hope for rubber floor mats for Christmas.)
    SA Ferrana Moniet
    Not goodbye--just waiting at the end of the trail.
    My bloggity blog: Hobby Horse: Adventures of the Perpetual Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Lauruffian View Post
    hubby and I decided to take our 2010 Tundra in for a very thorough cleaning.
    You paid someone to clean the inside of your horse vehicle? I'd be more comfortable paying somebody to wipe my ass for me than to clean 5 years worth of dirt, hair and god knows what out of the truck. I'll have to do it myself ... which is why it has been on the to-do list for about 4.5 years.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by tangledweb View Post
    You paid someone to clean the inside of your horse vehicle? I'd be more comfortable paying somebody to wipe my ass for me than to clean 5 years worth of dirt, hair and god knows what out of the truck. I'll have to do it myself ... which is why it has been on the to-do list for about 4.5 years.

Whenever the truck has to go in for anything that will require a stranger climb inside, I stop at the gas station and do a frantic trash removal, shake out of the floor mats, and change out the air freshner. The hardest part of keeping the rig clean? The dang dog's nose art on the windows!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.