The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Uh, did anyone see that Horze is having a BLACK FRIDAY SALE?

I, for one, know that I will be shopping it.

Whaaaaat? No, what's the info?
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    Whaaaaat? No, what's the info?
    One of the slid-y photo things on the front page of the website.

80% off!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~

Member of the ILMD[FN]HP Clique, The Florida Clique, OMGiH I loff my mares, and the Bareback Riders clique!

Omg just when I thought I could stop making wish baskets

2 members found this post helpful.

WHOA. 80% off? They may as well just take my credit card now. UGH.

Ugh! I've been trying to avoid the 50% off deals...welp, I give up! Time to whip out the credit card...

1 members found this post helpful.

It says "UP TO" 80% off...so I'm not getting too excited until I see exactly what that means. So don't think 80% off applies to everything...at least, that's how I read it.

Are they planning to restock anything after all their 50% off sales? Everything is pretty picked through, in terms of sizes, etc.

I am loving the breeches I got the last go 'round.

Well I will be checking it out for sure! Just received my most recent purchase from them. Funny thing is that a few months ago I had never even heard of this company, now everybody is talking about them and buying their products.

However, when I talked to them on the phone it kind of sounded like once something is sold out they aren't going to be restocking it. A lot of things are totally picked over at this point.
    Maggie Bright, lovingly known as Skye and deeply missed (1994 - 2013)
    The Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Skyedragon View Post
    Well I will be checking it out for sure! Just received my most recent purchase from them. Funny thing is that a few months ago I had never even heard of this company, now everybody is talking about them and buying their products.
    They only launched in the US in like, April or something. So that will explain that. However they've been big in Europe for quite a while.

I love all these Horze Sales just as much as the next person, and have spent wayyy to much $$ overt past several weeks on them. I am however starting to wonder about a couple things. How and why are they selling off *almost all* of their inventory at 50-80% off. I mean we're not talking about just $20.00 t-shirts here, but $100+ blankets, outerwear, etc. I'm certainly not complaining, just curious as to how they are making money by basically giving this stuff away. What also got me thinking is that they don't plan on re-stocking after they run out. Are they maybe "planning" on running out for a reason and using these major sales to get rid of merchandise filling up warehouses in the US? Just my thoughts, but I'm wondering if others have had similar thoughts as well?

Yeah, I dont know. I'm assuming they plan on staying in business...so are they going to develop/sell all new products?
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

Perhaps this is how they intend to build their market? Sales at the beginning to create buzz & get the products out there.

Has Finn tack been around a while?

Quote Originally Posted by hunterjumper21 View Post
    I love all these Horze Sales just as much as the next person, and have spent wayyy to much $$ overt past several weeks on them. I am however starting to wonder about a couple things. How and why are they selling off *almost all* of their inventory at 50-80% off. I mean we're not talking about just $20.00 t-shirts here, but $100+ blankets, outerwear, etc. I'm certainly not complaining, just curious as to how they are making money by basically giving this stuff away. What also got me thinking is that they don't plan on re-stocking after they run out. Are they maybe "planning" on running out for a reason and using these major sales to get rid of merchandise filling up warehouses in the US? Just my thoughts, but I'm wondering if others have had similar thoughts as well?
    They may have got a deal on a "buy out" and are passing on the savings. There are a lot tack shops going out of business. They would rather give someone a good deal than hang on to the inventory. Just like Sam's Club - if you want it, buy it. If you look for the same item next month it might not be there.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterjumper21 View Post
    I thought that they were making room for the new 2013 stuff. Time to go buy 12 more pairs of tendon boots, because I'm obsessed with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

I messaged them a few weeks ago to find out if (when) they would have a particular size and color of girth in stock. I need a brown, anatomical long girth and they didn't have my size in stock.

They said they expected a shipment early in December for that item. I didn't ask about anything else, though I would imagine that if they are stocking more girths they will probably be getting other items as well. No idea if it would be in time for Black Friday, though.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

OH God what's the code???
    I want a signature but I have nothing original to say except: "STHU and RIDE!!!

Wonderful COTHER's I've met: belleellis, stefffic, snkstacres and janedoe726.

Quote Originally Posted by Chardavej View Post
    OH God what's the code???
    Not God , but I don't know there is a code yet -- it is a banner on the website, so I figured they'd be putting up the details sometime later in the week.

I've purchased everything I could possibly want/need other than clothes from them already. Even a pair of winter boots. Taking a chance on clothers is never a good idea-I'm a hard, hard fit in everything. Dammit! Of course I'm going to look!
    "Those who know the least often know it the loudest."