The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Horse shipping Washington to N. California

Hi - Recommendations for shippers going from Washington to California. I was thinking of using Wings horse transportation as they have a rig going next week...but boy they were just destroyed recently on Yelp. I've contact Blew by you and American Shippers, Bob Hubbard (which he was twice as much as Wings). Any other ideas who might be more reasonably priced but solid shippers?

Blew by You was fine.
    Hubbard is good but yow they are expensive.

Charlie Gibson Horse Transport. Charlie and his wife are based in WA and come to CA regularly. They recently did a couple of multi state hauls for me. Very good horsemen and super communication en route, and Charlie beat Hubbard's quote by a mile!

I have used Blew By You and Belvoir Horse Transportation and both were great.

1 members found this post helpful.

I used American Horse Transportation. They were fantastic. A barnmate used Belvoir and was very happy as well.

Has anyone used Worley Horse Transport?

I used Blew By You and they were great. San Diego to central california area. Young OTTB.

Bringing this topic up again. I need to have a mare shipped from the Portland area to the S.F. Bay area. Blew By U can't do it. Any suggestions in addition to the ones here?
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses
    www.mysticowlsporthorses.com

I have used Coombes Transport and American and was happy with both.

They are both located in WA and make regular trips to CA.
    Kanoe Godby
    www.dyrkgodby.com
    See, I was raised by wolves and am really behind the 8-ball on diplomatic issue resolution.

Good timing on bumping the thread, I was going to make one myself soon. I'm looking to bring a horse from Sacramento to Seattle! Haha.

I was quoted $680 by American Horse Transportation for the job. I know a couple of people who have done it with them without a problem. I'm still checking company reviews to look for other quotes though. Right now is the time of year they're shipping a lot of OTTBs so a lot of people are either booked solid with TBs. Check craigslist as a lot of people are doing haul shares too.

I need a professional company since I'm shipping a young horse who does not have a ton of experience in a trailer (she was taught to load in one as a yearling but has not actually been in one since).

My friend just used Wilfong Equine Services - 541-944-4999 out of Medford, OR after the shipper she had arranged to use bailed on her at the last minute. She said she was very happy with them and that they had great communication. Horse went from Goldendale, WA to Northern California.
    Crayola Posse - Pine Green
    RIP Whinnie Pine (June 4, 1977 - April 29, 2008)

I used Equine Express when my daughter's horse was shipped from Seattle to So. Cal. The price was around $800.00 and the horse got to ride in a box stall in a air ride van.

2 members found this post helpful.

Wegner Ranch does a great job. 509-968-4949

Belvoir is a bit hard to pin down but does a decent job and helps rescues out. Misty who drives for him is great.
    It's a uterus, not a clown car. - Sayyedati

I've used Charlie Gibson and had a great experience shipping 4 horses from San Diego to the Seattle area.

I'm pretty sure there are eventers headed from Washington to Gilroy on the 19thof Jan if you want to go that route. PM me and I can pass along more info, but I am sure they would be happy to pick up some gas $ for the trip. Returning home the 24th o 25th. Lots of experience with long hauls.

A friend recently used Hubbard to transport a horse from OR to SoCal, and I DO NOT advise you to use them. Not only are they expensive, but she got HORRIBLE customer service and the horse was not cared for as explained and agreed upon. They changed the pick up date twice, did not maintain contact, and changed the drop off date not once, not twice, but THREE times, all at the last minute. The horse was NOT fed the hay he was provided with, even though they said they would feed it because he was a colic risk. They also did not use the shipping boots like they said they would.

And to top it off, when the driver finally showed up, he was a complete asshole, and was very rude.

DO NOT use them.

Based on the recommendations here, I used Belvoir to ship my Hanoverian mare from Oregon to No. CA. Super job; they were prompt, kept in touch, and she arrived looking like she stepped out of a show stall. I highly recommend them.
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses
    www.mysticowlsporthorses.com

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy's Mom View Post
    My friend just used Wilfong Equine Services - 541-944-4999 out of Medford, OR after the shipper she had arranged to use bailed on her at the last minute. She said she was very happy with them and that they had great communication. Horse went from Goldendale, WA to Northern California.

Hate to bump this post up but I found this in a search. I used this transporter once before years back. Not happy. Horse had to stay with them in Oregon. Came back skinny, sick, covered in rain rot, thrush, and a hack job for a farrier (wilfong farrier services) while they were nice as could be, the care for horses was certainly lacking. They drove way ahead schedule which worried me due to the route that had to be taken through the mountains as well as weather conditions. Have also had loading issues ever since.

Just had to chime in for any future reads.
    Clancy 17hh chestnut Dutch WB, '99. Owned and loved since '04 and still goin'!

My Warmblood shipped from New York to Texas a month ago and I used Equine Express. They were absolutely amazing. They kept in touch, were prompt, super nice (to me, and my horse!), and when Bentley got off the trailer, he was in immaculate condition and happy as could be. I highly, highly recommend them. I'm never going to use anyone else!