The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Listen, squirrels are evil.

They are approaching the last leg of preparations for their coming assault on humanity. They intend to take over.

Cats are aware of their plans and as the squirrel agenda is in direct conflict with the feline one (which is very similar, world domination wise, but involves, y'know, more cats, fewer squirrels), your cats are clearly taking the offensive.

Smart cats. No one wants to live in a squirreltopia.

Salute your noble warriors efforts. A trophy room would be completely appropriate. Perhaps a parade as well?
    bar.ka think u al.l. susp.ect
    free bar.ka and tidy rabbit

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by abbydp View Post
    Haha mine think squirrel brain is tasty. The main hunter always eats the brain first. I find a little squirrel quietly laying there looking fine and in one piece, turn him over - NOPE - big hole in the back of his head.
    You sure you don't have a zombie cat?
    "Oh, sure, you may be able to take down one smurf, but mark my words: You bonk one smurf, you better be ready for a blue wave."---Bucky Katt

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by RHdobes563 View Post
    You sure you don't have a zombie cat?
    Cats don't have the category, "zombie." These freaks of nature sleep 18 hours a day, don't work out and yet can catch birds mid-flight. Sometimes this kind of cat also falls asleep on window sill and falls off it.

They also leave their prey in that twilight between living and dead for a long time, thinking it play. In fact, things get boring when death is finally accomplished.

You could accuse a cat of being a zombie, but you might get a blank "So... what's yer point" look from it. That look is not a sign that the cat is a zombie, however. See above.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

My dog lived to chase squirrels, or bark at them through the fence. His favorite squeaky toy was a fairly realistic plush squirrel toy.

Once when I was going to mow the outter part of the back yard (it was separated from his third of the yard that had doggy door access), I opened the back gate to the outer fenced part, and let him run in that part of the yard while I got the mower ready. I looked over and Ranger had his squeaky squirrel on the stoop, but it wasn't squeaking, and he seemed confused that it wasn't squeaking. I looked closer and almost had a heart attack. He wasn't chewing on his squeaky toy, but a really dead, dried out squirrel, and when I realized that I totally freaked out. Fortunately he dropped it, and I could shovel it up.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post
    Cats don't have the category, "zombie." These freaks of nature sleep 18 hours a day, don't work out and yet can catch birds mid-flight. Sometimes this kind of cat also falls asleep on window sill and falls off it.

They also leave their prey in that twilight between living and dead for a long time, thinking it play. In fact, things get boring when death is finally accomplished.

You could accuse a cat of being a zombie, but you might get a blank "So... what's yer point" look from it. That look is not a sign that the cat is a zombie, however. See above.
    That pretty much sums it up! He will ask to go out and if the answer is no, sleeps until the opportunity might come up again - hunt and sleep. He will eat anything and everything including a very dead, dry flat mouse in the parking lot one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubyfree View Post
    Listen, squirrels are evil.

They are approaching the last leg of preparations for their coming assault on humanity. They intend to take over.

Cats are aware of their plans and as the squirrel agenda is in direct conflict with the feline one (which is very similar, world domination wise, but involves, y'know, more cats, fewer squirrels), your cats are clearly taking the offensive.

Smart cats. No one wants to live in a squirreltopia.

Salute your noble warriors efforts. A trophy room would be completely appropriate. Perhaps a parade as well?
    So maybe the squirrels at my house are pacifists and not part of the revolution and that's why my cats don't eat them! I'm glad they aren't really just lazy layabouts looking for a free meal like I thought. Thank you!