The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default day care fees in the way of people being able to take care of horse themselves

loved the article!!! it makes all the people dreaming realize you can do it if you persist!!!
    the part about him doing his work himself and wanting to do it himself really hit me. i like doing all my own work as far as taking care of my horse at shows. the problem is that at many top barns you are not allowed to take care of your horse yourself. they want to earn the day care fee. and you are really pressured to not do it yourself or even told you are not allowed to do it yourself. so how can people become horsemen or women if you want top training, but you are not allowed to take care of your horse yourself?

3 members found this post helpful.

Loved this story! I hope it will be an inspiration to other young riders trying to find a way to realize dreams.

Thank you Mollie for writing such a wonderful article. As is seen by one of the responders to this thread, there is another aspect of the lack of care/concern/education for top riders if it is indeed true that some of the "top" barns do not allow the owners/riders to care for their own horse because of financial considerations. There you are, and you allowed this to be brought out with this story. Thanks again.
    "When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters, one represents danger, the other represents opportunity."

John F Kennedy