I ended up making a post as I couldn't work with the PM. The pop up ads were over the messaging making it hard to reply. I used mostly wool, but did add in some other "decorative yarns" knitting with the wool. I wasn't sure about the shrinkage either, so I made the original about twice as big as I wanted it to turn out. Here are a couple of pictures of the one I made. One thing I did was use a base color and then knit the other yarns with the base. With this one the base is a cream/ivory color. http://www.flickr.com/photos/simbalism/3359504314/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/simbalism/3359504314/