The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Donella, from the list of D line stallions you have been given, I think Diamond Hit has the strongest loin connection. I saw him two years ago at Rastede and was surprised how compact he was. He was not heavy either, but he can sure throw that. His offspring do not have the nicest type but the rest I love. I used him on a Rubinstein/Argentinus mare this year that throws heavy and I got just that....but of the six foals I had in 2012, I think this one has the most potential for the upper levels. Love him. I have decided to use Diamond Hit next year on my Licotus/Landadel mare. She is super elegant with exceptional gaits. Am hoping DH will bring his nice walk and ability for the upper levels. This is video of her as a two year old. (Need to make under saddle video... she is a dream horse). Anyway, just saying I really like Diamond Hit offspring for the upper levels and he is one I will gamble my best mare on ET. I have gone back and forth between De Niro, Fidertanz and DH for her. I think DH would compliment your mare beautifully.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMxFnYuVVoQ
    Nancy Holowesko
    www.crosiadorefarm.com
    Breeders of GOV Horses for Dressage

I really like your rationale Nancy.
    When I was in Germany this past year, twice, I asked several breeders whose programmes I respect, which sires they felt were the best dressage sires in Germany. Diamond Hit came up repeatedly.
    I had always loved him, and actually purchased a mare because I thought she was a perfect cross (a leggy, modern Romancero / Wenzel /Weltmeyer SPA mare). I bred her to DH and was not disappointed. A very modern filly, totally charming, strong back and gorgeous head/neck, all 3 gaits excellent. DH contributed a better backend. The mare (a top mover) contributed legs and elegance. Daisy will only be 3 next year, but is one of my all-time favorites from foals I have produced.

PS I am a big Benneton Dream fan too, though I was unsuccessful on my one breeding attempt. Have seen several offspring in Germany, and agree with those who suggest a more refined, not too large mare. I did not see foals I did not like (though the better ones are the ones most often shown, of course).

I like the Diamond Hit idea! Successful Grand Prix dressage stallion, with 3 straight generations of GP dressage stallions behind him, and sire of GP dressage offspring. What is not to like?

Hmmm, DH is definitely interesting. Nancy, you have so many incredible horses...really. That 2 year old is really super!

Katheen, I am glad you like Benetton Dream too..though sorry you didn't get a pregnancy. Which mare did you try him with?

I remembered I do have a few more pics of her though nothing straight from the side (these are from the inspection):

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...13154791_n.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...69989422_n.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...33543769_n.jpg

Have either of you seen any Damsey offspring when in Germany? I so love that stallion but have only seen a few offspring...I have no idea how he produces??

And to the person who suggested Imperio: Yes, I would use him in a heartbeat, he is just amazing I think, but I don't think he is available frozen??
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.