The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm not sure where to get digital, I'll ask the vet. Rads are cheap, I'll go ahead and get them next week. Rory already needed his teeth done again, so just knocking a few birdies out with one vet appointment ;-)
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

Just wanted to bump it up real quick with an update.

Apparently Mr Vet got digital three months ago, so yay, digital! I explained everything here to him, and he flexed with nothing so on to rads we went....and that was where it got weird!! Very first one comes up on the screen and he goes "mmm!" and I go "what the heck is THAT??"

Photo
    'Nother one

Weird right?? Vet said aside from us both going at the beginning, hocks are FINE. He says most likely an injury when Rory was a baby, caused some calcification where (insert name that I already forgot) ligament ties in. He said absolutely nothing to be worried about at the mo', he could see problems if the hock belonged to a cutting horse but that was it. And it's going to get blown up on the big screen at the weekly meeting Wednesday in case another vet has an opinion, but otherwise no concerns. So that's a relief. He also made a skeptical face about injections, which mirrored my feelings.

And, before the vet came out, I got to get on for a couple minutes and walk around, first time since he's been home. Had a friend there so I wasn't at the barn alone, and she had to scoot. But he was great. He was also a super star getting the rads, stood while the vet practically crawled under him and the barn's two new kittens (like, little little) ran around like suicide bombers.
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl