The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Drivers New Mexico, Arizona, maybe California

My husband and I are heading for the southwest for 3 months after Xmas. I know there are some drivers who post from that area. At this point, we have no definite plans as to where or when we will be anywhere at any specific time. I know I am going to need horse fixes along the way, so meeting up with someone to go for a drive or maybe point me in the direction for driving etc.

I am also wanting to do some trailriding, probably a day ride here and there. I am also a birdwatcher, so heading for some of the birding hotspots.

Any suggestions etc. I have met Cartfall, RidesaHaffie and Ashemont thru this board in past trips.

Thank you in advance for any help, suggestions.

Cynthia

1 members found this post helpful.

There is this event in AZ in March, http://americandrivingsociety.com/06...arizonahdt.asp

Have fun!
    Kanoe Godby
    www.dyrkgodby.com
    See, I was raised by wolves and am really behind the 8-ball on diplomatic issue resolution.

We have a small driving club in Las Cruces NM in the southern part of the state. We are a pretty small group so don't have much for events going on, but we have a couple members that might be up for a drive should you end up in our area. And by then we might have a playday or something going on.

And for birding, if it isn't already on your list, the Bosque Del Apache is a must see!!!

http://www.fws.gov/southwest/refuges/newmex/bosque/

PM me if you are coming through Las Cruces!

I live in Tucson, which isn't a horse hotspot, but it's incredibly good for birding. My stepfather is a pretty big birder. There are tons of awesome day trips, too. IM me if you want info.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions etc. BabyGoose -Bosque Del Apache is on the list. Probably one of our first stops. Looks like your area is not the a far from there. I will PM you closer to the time once I know more of our plans. MrsFrizDarcy&Feliks - The Tucson area is definitely on the list. I will certainly contact you closer to the time when I have an idea of when we will be in the area.

Any suggestions for trail riding, need a place for a novice, as my husband does the annual trailride on holidays.

Thanks again for all the suggestions etc.

Regards,

Cynthia

Baby Goose, have sent you a PM. I am in Alamogordo, arrived today.

Regards,
    Cabz