The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Willow has a rain sheet and it's lovely. She's not wearing it at the moment because it's hunting season. I also have a quarter sheet (in plum... omg luff!), a pair of breeches (which I found to be a teensy bit small in the waist but long in the leg. I'm sucking it up, or in as it were, in hopes that I'll fit into them in the spring.), tendon boots (of which I'm buying about 12 more pairs because I love them!!).

The only thing that I don't like is that they stamp everything with a huge HorZe label, but I'll deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

I love my fleece rain sheet.
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

For all of you Horze blanket buyers out there, are they fairly true to size? (Aside from the long belly strap issue that's been noted previously.)
    My girl measures right around 70", so I'm not sure if I should be looking to size up to a 72" or down to a 69". Any suggestions? She's got a 69" light fill Everest that leaves a tiny sliver of cheek exposed, but it fits her in the neck so much better than the 70" Hug sheet that she inherited from the old man...

I got the unlined rain sheet in size 75 for my TB mare. She has a prominent wither, and this just did not fit her at all. She is a perfect 75 in Amigo and Kensington. I'm sending it back. It looked wonderfully made, the color was gorgeous and I, too, liked the hardware. Oh well.

I also found the blankets tend to run small, even though I was told the opposite. I have small ponies that usually wear a 54". They size option was 51" or 57" and was told the 51 would work. When I received it, it was labeled as a 54 on the blanket, but was way small, so have exchanged it for a 57". I will say though that they were very good about exchanging sizes, as long as they still had it in stock. Very nice people to deal with.

I took a chance on one, the fleece lined rainsheet. Doesn't fit as nicely as the Amigos I have, but my mare is hard to fit. It would be hard to beat it at the sale price. It doesn't fit my mare well enough to pay full price for it though.
    "Those who know the least often know it the loudest."

Quote Originally Posted by bdj View Post
    For all of you Horze blanket buyers out there, are they fairly true to size? (Aside from the long belly strap issue that's been noted previously.)
    My girl measures right around 70", so I'm not sure if I should be looking to size up to a 72" or down to a 69". Any suggestions? She's got a 69" light fill Everest that leaves a tiny sliver of cheek exposed, but it fits her in the neck so much better than the 70" Hug sheet that she inherited from the old man...
    My gelding is usually an 84, but since they didn't have that, I was told to size down and the 81 fits him very well.
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

Quote Originally Posted by wcporter View Post
    My gelding is usually an 84, but since they didn't have that, I was told to size down and the 81 fits him very well.
    Same for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Thanks, y'all!
    Sounds like I'm better off getting the Princess a 72 then. I was hoping to squeeze her into a 69 - I like the color of the pony rain sheet better than the horse sized ones! Oh well... beggars (and bargain hunters) can't always be choosers, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Equine Studies View Post
    I took a chance on one, the fleece lined rainsheet. Doesn't fit as nicely as the Amigos I have, but my mare is hard to fit. It would be hard to beat it at the sale price. It doesn't fit my mare well enough to pay full price for it though.
    Which one is that, I can't find it on the website.
    Kanoe Godby
    www.dyrkgodby.com
    See, I was raised by wolves and am really behind the 8-ball on diplomatic issue resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by CDE Driver View Post
    Which one is that, I can't find it on the website.
    The one that says "Fleece Rain Rug" :P
    http://www.horze.com/Horze-Avalanche...&cgid=Blankets