The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb. 14, 2012
    Location
    Fern Creek, KY
    Posts
    3,010

    Default

    Willow has a rain sheet and it's lovely. She's not wearing it at the moment because it's hunting season. I also have a quarter sheet (in plum... omg luff!), a pair of breeches (which I found to be a teensy bit small in the waist but long in the leg. I'm sucking it up, or in as it were, in hopes that I'll fit into them in the spring.), tendon boots (of which I'm buying about 12 more pairs because I love them!!).

    The only thing that I don't like is that they stamp everything with a huge HorZe label, but I'll deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.



  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr. 29, 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,063

    Default

    I love my fleece rain sheet.
    Barn rat for life

    The Big Horse



  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov. 15, 2005
    Location
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Posts
    1,267

    Default

    For all of you Horze blanket buyers out there, are they fairly true to size? (Aside from the long belly strap issue that's been noted previously.)
    My girl measures right around 70", so I'm not sure if I should be looking to size up to a 72" or down to a 69". Any suggestions? She's got a 69" light fill Everest that leaves a tiny sliver of cheek exposed, but it fits her in the neck so much better than the 70" Hug sheet that she inherited from the old man...



  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep. 7, 2012
    Posts
    33

    Default

    I got the unlined rain sheet in size 75 for my TB mare. She has a prominent wither, and this just did not fit her at all. She is a perfect 75 in Amigo and Kensington. I'm sending it back. It looked wonderfully made, the color was gorgeous and I, too, liked the hardware. Oh well.



  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec. 23, 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13

    Default

    I also found the blankets tend to run small, even though I was told the opposite. I have small ponies that usually wear a 54". They size option was 51" or 57" and was told the 51 would work. When I received it, it was labeled as a 54 on the blanket, but was way small, so have exchanged it for a 57". I will say though that they were very good about exchanging sizes, as long as they still had it in stock. Very nice people to deal with.



  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec. 29, 2007
    Posts
    952

    Default

    I took a chance on one, the fleece lined rainsheet. Doesn't fit as nicely as the Amigos I have, but my mare is hard to fit. It would be hard to beat it at the sale price. It doesn't fit my mare well enough to pay full price for it though.
    "Those who know the least often know it the loudest."



  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr. 29, 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bdj View Post
    For all of you Horze blanket buyers out there, are they fairly true to size? (Aside from the long belly strap issue that's been noted previously.)
    My girl measures right around 70", so I'm not sure if I should be looking to size up to a 72" or down to a 69". Any suggestions? She's got a 69" light fill Everest that leaves a tiny sliver of cheek exposed, but it fits her in the neck so much better than the 70" Hug sheet that she inherited from the old man...
    My gelding is usually an 84, but since they didn't have that, I was told to size down and the 81 fits him very well.
    Barn rat for life

    The Big Horse



  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb. 14, 2012
    Location
    Fern Creek, KY
    Posts
    3,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wcporter View Post
    My gelding is usually an 84, but since they didn't have that, I was told to size down and the 81 fits him very well.
    Same for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.



  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov. 15, 2005
    Location
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Posts
    1,267

    Default

    Thanks, y'all!
    Sounds like I'm better off getting the Princess a 72 then. I was hoping to squeeze her into a 69 - I like the color of the pony rain sheet better than the horse sized ones! Oh well... beggars (and bargain hunters) can't always be choosers, right?



  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct. 23, 2004
    Location
    Sisters, Oregon
    Posts
    1,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Equine Studies View Post
    I took a chance on one, the fleece lined rainsheet. Doesn't fit as nicely as the Amigos I have, but my mare is hard to fit. It would be hard to beat it at the sale price. It doesn't fit my mare well enough to pay full price for it though.
    Which one is that, I can't find it on the website.
    Kanoe Godby
    www.dyrkgodby.com
    See, I was raised by wolves and am really behind the 8-ball on diplomatic issue resolution.



  11. #31
    Join Date
    Dec. 12, 2004
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDE Driver View Post
    Which one is that, I can't find it on the website.
    The one that says "Fleece Rain Rug" :P
    http://www.horze.com/Horze-Avalanche...&cgid=Blankets



Similar Threads

  1. Anyone purchased from Horze?
    By enjoytheride in forum Eventing
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: Oct. 8, 2012, 11:50 PM
  2. Horze 50% off sale
    By SAcres in forum Off Course
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: Oct. 7, 2012, 06:33 PM
  3. Horze Blankets?
    By pinkpony321 in forum Off Course
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Aug. 30, 2012, 05:27 PM
  4. Horze
    By MaybeMorgan in forum Off Course
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Aug. 27, 2012, 04:05 PM
  5. Horze finally available in U.S.!
    By Real Rush in forum Off Course
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: Mar. 22, 2012, 10:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness