The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Horze blankets?

With all the 50% coupons that have been coming out, I am curious if anybody has picked up a Horze blanket, and how they like it? A member on another forums I am on had one rip, and that is really the only feedback I have found so far. My trainer just picked up a bunch, and they looked like they were decent quality, but she has only had them a week, so no real report there.
    Maggie Bright, lovingly known as Skye and deeply missed (1994 - 2013)
    The Blog

They are great blankets, I even bought them in doubles for my guys because I love the way they fit, especially in the larger sizes, they offer great side coverage, which many other blankets (like Weatherbeeta) don't do.

However and that is not just Horze related but any another other brand too, they are just 600D blankets! So you cannot expect them to hold up as 1200D ballistic nylon ones.
    If you have horses that are easy on each other, you'll do just fine, great quality & waterproof. But if you have buttnippers out in your herd, well, yes they may easily end up being ripped, just like your Amigo 600D could get ripped.

Quote Originally Posted by Lieslot View Post
    They are great blankets. . .
    Ditto this, and the other useful info in the post. I recommended them on another thread and one of the board know-it-alls said they were crap. Sigh

Yep, agree with the others. They're only 600D. It is unrealistic to expect them to behave like anything else.

I have a herd of easy-going blanket wearers. I have never bought anything but 600D, in any brand, and have never had an issue. I have several Horze blankets, and love them. Like the other poster said, they are DEEP, no "mini skirts" on the horses. Plus, you can't beat the selection of awesome colors/patterns!!

I am lucky that my mare is the dominant one in the herd, even though her only herd member is a pony. That is basically the sentiment that my trainer had, that they were only 600D so she didn't expect them to wear like iron, but for the price they are hard to pass up. They had a really cute teal checked blanket, but when I was looking at them today I couldn't find that pattern again.
    The Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Skyedragon View Post
    I am lucky that my mare is the dominant one in the herd, even though her only herd member is a pony. That is basically the sentiment that my trainer had, that they were only 600D so she didn't expect them to wear like iron, but for the price they are hard to pass up. They had a really cute teal checked blanket, but when I was looking at them today I couldn't find that pattern again.
    After all the 50% off codes, they are sold out of a lot of stuff.

1 members found this post helpful.

I"ve had one of their rain sheets for about a month, and am delighted with it! My boys are turned out in a paddock with a lot of trees and brush, and DO play hard - and so far (knock on wood) not a mark on it. I find the hardware is great quality too. Only thing I would change is that the surcingles seem a bit long - my youngest is no skinny minnie and I have them as short as they will go.
    The front also does.not.rub - and this is on a horse who normally gets bald shoulders in no time!
    Dee
    Founder of the I LOFF my worrywart TB clique!
    Official member of the "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique
    http://wilddiamondintherough.blogspot.ca/

I really like mine - very well designed with the shoulder gusset in the right spot, and also very adjustable.
    A friend told me I was delusional. I almost fell off my unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    does anyone know of any current codes?? I missed out!

currently looking for best deals I can find, I had a pony returned to me, clipped, with NO blankets! luckily I had one from my filly last year that fits, but I just don't have any others and can't just run out and buy a bunch :-(

Quote Originally Posted by gabby.gator View Post
    does anyone know of any current codes?? I missed out!

currently looking for best deals I can find, I had a pony returned to me, clipped, with NO blankets! luckily I had one from my filly last year that fits, but I just don't have any others and can't just run out and buy a bunch :-(
    SANTA1 til tuesday!
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

Yeah, I've noticed that, and from what I gathered when I called customer service about a quarter sheet I really wanted but was there one day and gone the next, once something sells out they don't plan to order/make more of it.
    The Blog

Yeah, I've noticed that, and from what I gathered when I called customer service about a quarter sheet I really wanted but was there one day and gone the next, once something sells out they don't plan to order/make more of it.
    Yep, all the sold out stuff on the website right now in the cute colors is all from their Winter 2012 collection. As they're already leaking sneak peeks about the Spring 2013 collection on Facebook, it makes perfect sense that they're not producing more.

I got a rain sheet last time from them, and agree, they are good quality. The mare is out in pasture and not easy on anything. It's held up really well and I like the longer design. I don't really need another winter rug, but I ordered one because it was a good deal.

Yep, all the sold out stuff on the website right now in the cute colors is all from their Winter 2012 collection. As they're already leaking sneak peeks about the Spring 2013 collection on Facebook, it makes perfect sense that they're not producing more.
    Well I guess that explains all the codes. Guess I should have gotten the blanket while the getting was good.
    The Blog

The other day my trainer was wearing the blue corduroy GP full seats, and they're gorgeous. Alas, they only have them in Size 22/34. If you're lucky to be small enough, go for them !

I got a high-neck rain sheet and for the price it's OK. The sizing is goofy - I had to have the surcingles cut down literally by HALF and the cut of the neck is also quite generous, like it's made for a big/high-neck horse like a Friesian or something. Which is fine if you have a Friesian, but if you have just a normal horse it flops around oddly. But it's a serviceable sheet. Like others have said, it's only 600 denier and I fully expect mine to get shredded, but that's what happens when you put a 600d turnout on a 3 year old.
    "You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." - The Little Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Discobold View Post
    The other day my trainer was wearing the blue corduroy GP full seats, and they're gorgeous. Alas, they only have them in Size 22/34. If you're lucky to be small enough, go for them !
    Oh my gosh, this so frustrates me with their breeches. They have some super cute ones, but alas I am a 36 and they only go up to 34.
    The Blog

Oh my gosh, this so frustrates me with their breeches. They have some super cute ones, but alas I am a 36 and they only go up to 34.
    Their breeches run pretty big. I bought my normal size from them and purposefully shrunk them twice in the wash - now they fit nicely. I have the GP full seats in a really pretty plaid color and I really really like them, especially for the price.

They are very stretchy and comfortable and wear like jeans - in that they stretch a tiny bit as you wear them.

They usually have larger sizes, and they run big, as others have said. I think the reason they have Size 22 left in the blue cords is that there aren't many adults small enough to fit in them. My tiniest friend said they would be too small for her. Darn, they are so pretty!

I got the fleece lined high neck rain sheet and am so far very impressed with it. I've had it about a month and a half now? Horsey has been turned out in it, but she's pretty easy on her stuff. Decent quality though, nice touches (like the shoulder gusset, and the clip front) and you just cannot beat the price with the 50% off!

1 members found this post helpful.