The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Trying to find my horse's past

Hi All,
    I'm trying to find out anything I can about my horse's past. He is a 6 year old Bay thoroughbred gelding named I'm Your Buckaroo who came off the track at age 4 (now age 6). Found an old post in the archives from someone saying he was on the CANTER website and they were considering him. Wondering if they bought him or anything that happened to him. He has been to at least 2 owners before going to the woman I bought him from. Thanks!

He raced 5 times in 2008 and 2009 at Meadowlands, Penn National (2x), Delaware Park, and Suffolk Downs. Never finished higher than 5th.

His CANTER listing is available on the sold page here, about 1/3 of the way down: http://www.canterne.org/sold6.htm

Here's his picture from CANTER: http://www.canterne.org/images-saleh...maBuckaroo.jpg

Here's the COTH thread, and in post #6 member kdriding says she bought him, so might want to shoot a PM: http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...till-available

1 members found this post helpful.

Thank you :-) I've been trying to search for pictures of his parents but nothing comes up (I'm also horrible at searching) any clues where I could find them? Sire is Tree, dam is Rock of Angels

How awesome is coth :-) I wish my OTTBs were as easily traced, but they raced too long ago for records and online activity about them to be found. He's adorable by the way!
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)

Quote Originally Posted by SnicklefritzG View Post
    Someone has QUITE a sense of humor - sire is Tree, out of Trunk!

Quote Originally Posted by bits619 View Post
    How awesome is coth :-) I wish my OTTBs were as easily traced, but they raced too long ago for records and online activity about them to be found. He's adorable by the way!
    Bits, if you know their racing names, go to equibase.com and put them into the search function!
    Happy searching!
    Dee
    Founder of the I LOFF my worrywart TB clique!
    Official member of the "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique
    http://wilddiamondintherough.blogspot.ca/

Thanks, dee! Luckily I do know their names and i do have info on their racing lives, but haven't been able to contact anyone who knew the horses personally. One of them, Crown Vic (Victorious- Abiding Hope) wasn't very successful at all on the track :-) the other, Over Point (Overskate- Hagley's Point) had a decent career and I was able to find info and pics of his sire who is in the Canadian Hall of Fame (SO COOL, they looked identical!)...
    my silly dream would be to find foal/weanling pics. Swoon!

OK sorry for the derail!
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)