The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JustJump View Post
    So what about this? An email from USHJA saying the deadline for nominations was 9/15?

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...-deadline-9-15

Does anyone else have a copy of this email? I can't find one in my old mail. But I do remember getting it.

How is it that additional names were accepted?
    That is an excellent observation. Perhaps he was nominated as a farewell gesture, or it could be that the incumbent doesn't have to be nominated?

So who wants to call up and ask how his name was added after the fact, in the middle of the night?

1 members found this post helpful.

http://www.ushja.org/content/news/pr.aspx?id=908

Just Jump, is this what you are looking for? It was under the news/media section of the website.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJump View Post
    So who wants to call up and ask how his name was added after the fact, in the middle of the night?
    Here is the explanation from the USHJA website http://www.ushja.org/content/news/pr.aspx?id=924

Speaks volumes that the only response I got to my email to all members of the board came from Mary. Class act all the way!

3 members found this post helpful.

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

Quote Originally Posted by Tackpud View Post
    Speaks volumes that the only response I got to my email to all members of the board came from Mary. Class act all the way!
    That was my experience as well.
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina

Same here. Really, a very definite eye-opener. I am pretty disappointed. I guess I won't be forking over for a USHJA membership unless she wins.

I was shocked when I read that Moroney was back in the race, not only is it bad form of him to divide the USHJA like that but its not in the best interest of the sport. Based on his last two terms, who in their right mind would want him back? Mary Babick is a much better choice IMO.

3 members found this post helpful.

I just sent off an email to all the addresses you supplied, including Shelby French, and received an immediate "thanks for the imput" from Streett Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    I just sent off an email to all the addresses you supplied, including Shelby French, and received an immediate "thanks for the imput" from Streett Moore.
    Great to hear this. Maybe all these emails are working and the board is realizing they'd better listen and answer the members! I am still waiting for any response from the other members myself.

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

Just wanted to update that I got a similar "thanks for your input" message from Streett Moore as well.
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina

Do you (collectively) think it might be helpful to include a link to this thread in emails to the USHJA board, so they can see which way the wind is blowing?

Just received a reply from Bob Bell and Susan Harding, both talking about the need to look forward. Fingers crossed...

Wondering when we will know the outcome of this and curious who is supporting BM??

Quote Originally Posted by Ponytoes View Post
    Wondering when we will know the outcome of this and curious who is supporting BM??
    The vote is Dec.4th.

I received many positive responses from the Board. Regardless of which direction you lean, letting your voice known to the Board will certainly assist them in their decisions.

I got replies from Mary and from Susan Harding.
    friend of bar.ka

I'm starting to get emails from others.

Quote Originally Posted by MyssMyst View Post
    I'm starting to get emails from others.
    I'm sure a lot of the members did not reply immediately due to the fact that they may have felt they were unable to respond in a way that they wanted (example, voicing their personal opinions or accidentally speaking for the entire Board). As many people are now getting responses, it looks like someone may have given them the OK to respond to emails.
    I know Bell is looking forward to "a new era", and I hope others are as well. If we can get a lot of people to send emails that are heartfelt and talk about why we want Babick, I do believe we will make a change

To be fair, the day or two before Thanksgiving may not be the prime time for people to be checking and responding to their USHJA email.

2 members found this post helpful.