The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default COTH shoppers - where can I get a stable blanket with 150-200g fill, closed front?

I would really like to get another stable blanket for Miss Mare to wear overnight this winter. She is stabled at night and goes out during the day, the staff throws on a rainsheet, midweight or heavyweight turnout-out on top of her stable blanket.

The wish list is for a stable blanket or blanket liner, 150-200g fill, preferably with a closed front, that will fit a narrow Tb cross, at a price that won't break the bank, and from somewhere that will ship to Canada. Is this mission impossible?

Miss Mare already has this one:
    http://www.applesaddlery.com/p-17440...avysilver.aspx
    but it fits a little big (deep) on her, and does not have a closed front.

TIA!
    Last edited by Gen; Nov. 17, 2012 at 05:40 PM. Reason: spelliing

SStack.com has plenty of closed front options in that criteria range, and they do ship to Canada, although you have to email them for a quote.

They have great blankets, and the v-free (or whatever it is...the adjustable neck) system was a life-saver when my TB mare was narrow chested!

Greenhawk sells one that isn't too bad:

http://greenhawk.com/wdItemDesc.asp?...ricSKU=BLS1514

It was too narrow for my giant shouldered thbd and the closed front made him angry so I've retired it but I do like it.
    "look deep into his pedigree. Look for the name of a one-of-a-kind horse who lends to his kin a fierce tenacity, a will of iron, a look of eagles. Look & know that Slew is still very much with us."

GoForAGallop - thank you, SStack has several liners I am now lusting for! I will email to see if they can ship to me for a reasonable cost.

sisu27 - I have seen this one but it only comes in 400g fill as far as I am aware, which is way too much for my (mostly) unclipped horse in a closed barn. I have suggested to Greenhawk they need to make a lighter version of this blanket!