The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

How sad. I was just beginning to fall in love with those two matched dogs in their opposite sort of ways, Junebug and Ellia. Unbelievable bad luck, e-hugs to the family.
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

1 members found this post helpful.

Oh I was really hoping her FB was hacked! I just saw it and rushed over here

Epona, I'm so sorry, my thoughts are with you and your family. RIP sweet Elllie and Pixie.

((((((HUGS)))))))

I know Epona IRL. She is one of my best friends and like a sister to me.

It is true that her house burned down last night. She called me absolutely devastated when they were across the street watching the fire department trying to do something. From what I understand it is a total loss. One of her dogs Junebug, might have gotten out. We are not sure. The rest we are assuming is a loss.

Her brother was at home at the time, smelled something he thought smelled like burning but didn't think anything of it since they are out in the country, heard the electrical pop and ran up. It started in Epona and her husband's bedroom where the dogs are kept. Old house, it went up too quick. He tried to get the dogs out but the room overtook him. Got outside and let Spyder out of the airlock and let the ducks and chickens out. Her brother got out safely. Epona was on her way home from work with her husband at the time. They got home only to see everything in flames. She is staying at a neighbors for the night. Will be moving the horses to her place of employment tomorrow and staying there until her new house is completed. They were already planning on moving just weeks from now.

I am setting up a station that if anyone would like to help out you can contact me. FB I am Jessica Groh She also has a paypal.

Everything was a total loss. Hugs and prayers to her!

2 members found this post helpful.

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

DiluteMe--thank you for the update. Can you pass along our condolences to Epona? This is just heart wrenching! I am so glad no humans were hurt, but my heart aches for those poor dogs. When you set up the fund, please make a separate post, maybe on Off Course, so the power of COTH can help out a fellow horsewoman. Many here don't do FB.
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

I did post in Off Course. Thank you.

I am just reading this thread. I loved all the pictures and videos and then to read the update.

My heart goes out to them.