The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Second recommendation for Sorum Fjord Farm!

Bookorama, as all of my foundation stock came from Sorum Fjord Farm, I thought I would second Ironwood Farm’s recommendation! We bought our first Fjord from Neil and Ruth several years ago, and suffice it to say we returned again – and again – and again.

You will find the Sorum family to be exceptionally accommodating, professional and very interested in finding the perfect Fjord for ‘you’. They focus on creating forever homes for their horses, and have a sterling reputation in the Fjord world. Ruth and her family are wonderful people.

I am not certain if they have any remaining stock for sale as they no longer breed for sale purposes since the death of Neil Sorum, but I believe they may still have a gelding by one of my stallions, PCF Vidar, and a cute mare for sale. At any rate, they are located just north of Cincy, so are likely quite close to you. I have no mature Fjords available at this time, but you’re welcome to visit our farm and our Fjords if you’d like – we’re also fairly close to you in central Indiana
    Best of luck to you; but be forewarned… you can’t really own just one Fjord – you’ll fall in love!
    Silver Drache Farm LLC
    'Drafts and Dressage'
    www.silverdrache.com

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by oldernewbie View Post
    On Dayton CL:

http://dayton.craigslist.org/grd/3418830255.html

She looks awful cute to me!
    Awww she is so cute!

I have a question....

How do your horses do in hot weather? I noticed the boy I rode had a very different hair texture than normal horses. I wanna nother fjord!

Ironwood I think you may know someone that bought a Fjord that got I to see before they got her. I think they called you with some questions about registering or something (LLLONG time ago and I bet you don't remember). They still haven't registered her for some reason (something about the microchip?) I can't remember. I wish I knew her registered name but they named her Mya. She was purchased from breeders farm in Maryand and the girl that got her is named Rebecca (becca)-also in MD. I have seen some updated pics of her and she is super cute!

Baby Fjords are def the cutest thing on earth!!
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"