The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Man this thread really flushed some PNWers out of the woods!
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    Can't speak for the others, but for me, it is a sign that I'm cooped up inside out of the wind and rain! Nasty weather out there today. My poor ponies are all grumpy from being in. Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    Haha I don't live there anymore, but shipped horses in in '09 and back out in '11, and worked at a small h/j barn while I was there, so learned the ins and outs quickly!

OP, I wouldn't worry about laying up at the American facility, it is south of Seattle and on the way out of town. It *is* going to end up being a long trip, probably 2 days, just because they will drop horses off and pick others up all along the way and it simply takes longer driving a big rig than a sporty little car.

If you don't hear back from Coombes via email, give them a call. Tracy is very responsive via telephone.

What is UP with these shippers. I called everyone again -2nd round of calls - the only responsive shipper is American. Jeezz ameezzz! What is so weird is the Wings people have just dropped off the face of the planet even tho they had exact dates to ship and they emailed me within 15 minutes of my initial contact. Someone else posted the exact same problem with them...super sketchy in my book. Now I'm at the point where I just have to take whoever actually gets back to me - aka American at this point! Thanks wanderlust...feel better about the American facility if you think it's decent. I just don't love the idea of her being off and on - taken too a place I've never seen - walking around with people I don't know....BUT they're rig looks lovely and reviews are good. BTW - I did some more research on Dr. Owen's...smart lady and BOY she's been around. She was the original vet who was based out of that movie "we bought a zoo". I guess she's also worked with some film makers and the livestock. Interesting biography on her website.