The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Long Spot View Post
    More kitties please!

It was only a few years ago that I found out most orange tabbies were male, and then it dawned on me that I really hadn't ever met any females.

I have a huge soft spot for the orange males. Such knuckle heads with huge personalities. From the stories, it sound like the orange gals have equal amounts of personality, but perhaps a bit more dignity that their male counterparts.

Love the pics. Keep em coming.
    Love kitties, love orange kitties, but my orange tabby male is evil. 16 years old, still as grumpy as ever! Cute as heck though
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05

I actually have six indoor orange cats and four or five outside feral oranges. One of my indoor oranges is dumb as a box of rocks and NEEDY, one thinks I'm generally trying to kill him, another is huge and has a teeny-tiny meow, one is small and beautiful but is slightly crippled and always looks very mournful. Moose is pretty normal but a bit pushy. The last one has never outgrown that kitten thing where it seems that their bones are rubber(he's almost four now). His name is Bull (because he's very in your face) but his nickname is Lava because he's red and seems to be made of liquid. LOL! He also never, ever shuts up and has a BIG voice.

I love my red kitties.

As an orange kitty household, I had to read this thread...and as a fan/patron of one of our neighborhood rescues King Street Cats, I just have to point out that for those of you who adore the rare orange tabby girls, KSC just happens to have 2 of them at the moment!

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/18593895
    Paddington

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/24122469?rvp=1
    Lady Red
    "To understand the soul of a horse is the closest human beings can come to knowing perfection."

I love 'em!

I got lucky with two Orange Tabbies:

--Pumpkin

--Nilla Wafer

Pumpkin started out as a barn kitty, brought in by a friend. She just never really fit in, wasn't a hunter, etc. So when my male tabby at home passed, my calico was miserable. We brought Pumpkin home and within 5 seconds she was a House Cat. She and Snickers are best friends.

Nilla Wafer just showed up one day as a 6-week old, VERY skinny, screaming kitten. She is the Barn Hunter Extraordinaire and regularly brings me half a vole/mole/etc as an offering
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

I have three orange tabbies in the barn right now. A mother and her two kittens, who are about six months old. One male, one female, and both have very strong tabby markings. Will have to get some pictures tonight when I do chores.

Can someone pleeeease take a picture of their orange tabby, their Golden Retriever, and their Haflinger all together?
    Disclaimer: My mom told me that people might look at my name and think I had an addiction other than horses. I don't; his name was Bravado.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by BravAddict View Post
    Can someone pleeeease take a picture of their orange tabby, their Golden Retriever, and their Haflinger all together?
    I've got two out of the three, no Haflinger

I don't have any shareable pics of my orange girl, unfortunately. But she's about 10 now, we adopted her from a shelter when she was 6-8 weeks old. My husband immediately fell in love with her, she was the most loveable little kitten ever. Unfortunately, we kind of turned her off to humans because the first few months of life we were shoving various medications down her throat to combat all the crap she picked up at the shelter, then she got ringworm on her face which we had to treat with medicated lotion. After that she decided we just weren't worth the trouble until recently, when I think she has finally forgiven us. She's now one of my favorite little kitties, totally under appreciated over the years actually. She's very tolerant of things, unlike my other crazy, high strung cats. When we moved houses recently I didn't have enough carriers although I did have a cat harness/leash. Well, she just let me put that thing on her (for the first time EVER) and was fine riding in the car like that. I was so impressed!

Oh, and she used to be very fat so we started calling her Chubby Orange which turned into Chorange. She has since slimmed down considerably, but the name stuck. Her actual name is Miso but in my household very few animals get called by their names,