The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Young Horse World Championships in Verden, 2013

Does anyone know how the qualification works?

Quote Originally Posted by SCMSL View Post
    Does anyone know how the qualification works?
    Here are the USEF selection procedures for 2012. Note on page 6 that "The number of invitations for United States representatives to the 2013 FEI World Breeding Dressage Championships is determined by the FEI and WBFSH." I don't remember how many invitations were granted to USA in 2012, and don't know if that will change for 2013, but Hallye Griffin at USEF should be able to fill you in.

https://www.usef.org/documents/disci...sforFEIWBC.pdf

Bah, I'm not from the US, so this doesn't apply. I was hoping someone from the UK or something would chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by SCMSL View Post
    Bah, I'm not from the US, so this doesn't apply. I was hoping someone from the UK or something would chime in.
    Since competitors are selected by their national federations, you will want to talk to your own NF about its procedures. The 2013 dates for the championships are Aug 7-11, so qualifying has to be done early in the year. For instance, the USEF selection trials are on May 23-26 (Western Selection Trials), and June 6-9 (Eastern Selection Trials).

I did find this, regarding the 2013 championships:
    "Following lots of considerations and discussions, the F.E.I. determined the selection criteria so that there will not be more than 50 competitors in each age-group (five- and six-year-old horses)."

Each National Federation gets a designated amount of slots. It is up to the NF to determine their selection process. So you will need to check with your NF. A quick search of your NF or email to them is probably much quicker and more accurate than asking here since the majority of us posting are USA folks.
    RoseLane Sporthorses-Westfalen horses and ponies
    Home of Golden State- 2012 Bundeschampion 3yo Pony Stallion
    Home of Golden West - 2013 Reserve Champion Westfalen Pony Stallion Licensing