The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sigh...

If I were in Mollie's position, I would put this guy down and cut my losses. The world does not need another grade, monorchid stud thing. Not to mention a grade, monorchid stud thing with neurologic issues from running into the side of a barn as a foal. I think that would be a much kinder fate then the one he would suffer being sold on CL for $200. But, that's just me.

7 members found this post helpful.

Maybe his head is all twisted around trying to figure out where the hell his other ball is...

12 members found this post helpful.

OMFG, this is so not funny but jets you just made me tear up trying to keep my laugh in at the office. LMAOO (on the inside)

He does need to be put down now and not at the processing plant later......
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

Agreed -- poor guy deserves a happy day and a kind end. I hope he finds it.
    Nanakorobi yaoki: Seven times fall, eight times rise.
    http://reveilleandrinsie.blogspot.com

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsFarm View Post
    Simkie - do I have to teach you everything ?
    Obviously his head is tilted due to the weight of that one testicle pulling him off-center <insert TSK icon>

"crimped orchid" SNORT!
    You laugh, but Sam's descended testicle was ginormous, about twice the size of a normal one. When we had him gelded, the vet showed me the undescended one, it was about the size of a walnut. I can kind of see autocorrect changing cryptorchid to crimped orchid.

I told her she should either offer him free (by the time she finds someone to pay $200, she'll have put more into him to feed him is what I said) or put him down.
    "If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple payments..."

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsFarm View Post
    Simkie - do I have to teach you everything ?
    Obviously his head is tilted due to the weight of that one testicle pulling him off-center <insert TSK icon>

"crimped orchid" SNORT!
    LMAO! Damn! What was I thinking?!

Thanks for the education, 2Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by SuckerForHorses View Post
    Is it bad that I wanted to reach through my computer and smack her?
    I'd say she need not worry about needing a registered stud for anything and just stop breeding since she already has 9 horses!
    I told her she should either offer him free (by the time she finds someone to pay $200, she'll have put more into him to feed him is what I said) or put him down.
    So...your upset that she did not appreciate your unsolicited help? You think you are better then her because you post her ad simply to ridicule her? That, in my opinion, makes you a worse person than her.

Judging from her original ad an her responses to you, she planned and managed for 9 horses, none of which she says were acquired through personal breedings and someone dumped this stallion on her.

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajierene View Post
    So...your upset that she did not appreciate your unsolicited help? You think you are better then her because you post her ad simply to ridicule her? That, in my opinion, makes you a worse person than her.

Judging from her original ad an her responses to you, she planned and managed for 9 horses, none of which she says were acquired through personal breedings and someone dumped this stallion on her.
    Honestly I think idiots like this woman should be ridiculed. She is trying to make a buck off of a horse that is EXTREMELY unlikely to end up in a good place. If she were a responsible and caring human being she would put this unfortunate horse out of it's misery. She should be embarrassed and ashamed.

12 members found this post helpful.

bought him with a friend she dumped him on me
    I just can't use an unregistered stud.
    Okay, the breeding part I assumed by the quotes...she did go into this "investment" with her friend, friend backed out after buying stallion, and this girl can't use an unregistered stud - the implication that she could use a registered one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajierene View Post
    Actually, her and a friend bought the stud together, and then friend bailed. Sounds like this girl should've planned for an additional horse since she planned the purchase of this stud to begin with.

I know that this poor guy is not in a good spot but I have to say "crimped orchid" is one the funnier things I have read lately.

Quote Originally Posted by RedmondDressage View Post
    Honestly I think idiots like this woman should be ridiculed. She is trying to make a buck off of a horse that is EXTREMELY unlikely to end up in a good place. If she were a responsible and caring human being she would put this unfortunate horse out of it's misery. She should be embarrassed and ashamed.
    No one who sells a horse for $200 is making a buck; that low amount is the same as giving it away. A minimum price can weed out the kill buyers. And just because she is asking $200 doesn't mean she won't end up giving the guy away to a good home.

Let's just hope she does go that extra mile and makes sure the horse goes to someone who wants a gelding...

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyPie View Post
    Let's just hope she does go that extra mile and makes sure the horse goes to someone who wants a gelding...
    That would be nice... But solely based on her responses I'm going with FAT CHANCE.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by wireweiners View Post
    I can kind of see autocorrect changing cryptorchid to crimped orchid.
    She got off easy with a squished flower...autocorrect is usually notorious!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

she may be. You don't know.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. (Steven Wright)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyPie View Post
    I'd think that anyone who wants a purely pasture pet - and anything with a "tilted head" fits firmly in that category, IMHO - they'd pick up one of the innumerable free non-rideable ones that isn't going to need 1K or better surgery right off the bat.

I feel she should be ridiculed based on that 2nd picture. The thing doesn't even look like a horse in that picture! It...it may be the single worst picture of a horse I've ever seen in my life.

6 members found this post helpful.

The second 'confo?' pic does suck, but I think the back of the stall board has blended into his neck making it look like it droops down. And I'm pretty sure he isn't bucksin.

Why do these ads always have an abundance of mud and an old mobile home in the pictures?

6 members found this post helpful.