The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

What on earth does this have to do with politics? And, as a heads up, many of "the poor" vote Republican...Romney never figured that out either, did he?
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

12 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Superminion View Post
    ...a 4 year old, unbroke stud is a GREAT X-Mas present for a 6 year old...

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    What on earth does this have to do with politics? And, as a heads up, many of "the poor" vote Republican...Romney never figured that out either, did he?
    Because in generalities many/most on this board 'care' about those less financially and socially fortunate in life but in reality, many/some on this board get their rocks off mocking their spelling, their housing, their mud, and their choices. It's a bit of do as I wish and you will be helped... not do as you wish, of your own free will...and I find that interesting.

4 members found this post helpful.

I don't think it is as much a "being poor" issue as a "being stupid,ignorant" issue.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    Because in generalities many/most on this board 'care' about those less financially and socially fortunate in life but in reality, many/some on this board get their rocks off mocking their spelling, their housing, their mud, and their choices. It's a bit of do as I wish and you will be helped... not do as you wish, of your own free will...and I find that interesting.
    Is that in your opinion or did you do some kind of statistical analysis? Have any facts to back up your opinion?

I don't believe, if you go back and look, that I've mocked much of anyone for their lack of spelling, mud or housing. And oh, by the way, compassion for people and animals is not directly linked to income, education or lifestyle. You can be poor and ignorant and still be compassionate. As a matter of fact, there are some studies out there that show a direct correlation to high income and LACK of compassion.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Is that in your opinion or did you do some kind of statistical analysis? Have any facts to back up your opinion?

I don't believe, if you go back and look, that I've mocked much of anyone for their lack of spelling, mud or housing. And oh, by the way, compassion for people and animals is not directly linked to income, education or lifestyle. You can be poor and ignorant and still be compassionate. As a matter of fact, there are some studies out there that show a direct correlation to high income and LACK of compassion.

who said that anything I've typed on this thread has anything to do with any of your comments? Did you gather any data, do a statistical analysis, or just jump when you heard a shot fired?

Who made my posts all about you?

1 members found this post helpful.

I wasn't mocking her spelling either; I was letting her know the correct term for her horse's issue. Generally, accurate ads at least would help get someone to take them seriously when viewing.
    "If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple payments..."

Hot mess is right. And I always bring up the folks that put up a pic of the horse's butt, kind of as a joke you know? on CL, and glory be here it is. Those pics are so sorry they might as well not be up at all.

I feel for the person though, she doesn't need the mouth to feed or the problems this horse has. I guess she hasn't got the funds to euth him either, just a bad deal all around.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

Quote Originally Posted by SuckerForHorses View Post
    I wasn't mocking her spelling either; I was letting her know the correct term for her horse's issue. Generally, accurate ads at least would help get someone to take them seriously when viewing.
    I know your heart was in the right place, it was....at the beginning. When you started posting her emails and your directives on what should be done...I got really sour on your approach, and fast.

I'm over a thousand miles away.

You aren't.

Put your money where your opinion is or stop telling her what she should do.

That's my directive. We seem to be ok with telling others what to do, so I think I'm golden.

3 members found this post helpful.

What on earth does this have to do with politics?
    Oh man, everything has to do with politics if you ever read comments on Yahoo articles. I mean, restaurant reviews turn into political ranting. This is just as funny.

Poor little horse. If I had the money I'd pull him, spoil him with carrots, and call a vet out to euth him. But I'm broke.
    "People ask me 'will I remember them if I make it'. I ask them 'will you remember me if I don't?'"

I wonder if she believes if she sells stallion for super cheap it becomes someones issue to euth if in deed it does need to be put down?

Here's a new ad on this guy:http://plattsburgh.craigslist.org/grd/3418800398.html

Genuinely curious - what is a "ridgeling"?

I absolutely would buy him if I had the funds to do so...I have only two horses for a reason...that's what I can afford to keep. This girl bought him as an "investment" with her friend and ended up with the horse and no co-owner. She knowingly participated in the original purchase of this gelding, so she very well knew there would be some care involved to keep him.

In the new ad posted by Shine, he appears to be at least part Arabian by the looks of that nicely dished head.
    "If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple payments..."

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Here's a new ad on this guy:http://plattsburgh.craigslist.org/grd/3418800398.html

Genuinely curious - what is a "ridgeling"?
    A horse with only one descended testicle. Apparently she has an epidemic of that on her farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    A horse with only one descended testicle. Apparently she has an epidemic of that on her farm.
    It would probably help to crimp all the orchids of those guys and no longer breed those....

I know, a revolutionary concept....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    So she should have known what the complications could be. Thanks for the explanation on a "ridgeling".

Here are pics from the original ad -
    http://s1172.beta.photobucket.com/us...brary/buckskin

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    So she should have known what the complications could be. Thanks for the explanation on a "ridgeling".

Here are pics from the original ad -
    http://s1172.beta.photobucket.com/us...brary/buckskin

He's actually really cute, for what he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    It would probably help to crimp all the orchids of those guys and no longer breed those....

I know, a revolutionary concept....
    I don't see the problem with leaving them un-crimped because she states "but is fine with my mother geldings." I don't know what a mother gelding is...
    (Disclaimer - Yes, I am making fun of someone's spelling/grammar... I am a horrible person... but I think it is funny)
    Life is hard. Buy a freaking helmet.
    Quote Originally Posted by meupatdoes View Post
    Whatever, go gallop.

5 members found this post helpful.

I've avoided this thread because I'm so tired of CL trainwrecks, but I've gotta say that for every time I saw this thread title in the OC forum, I did wonder if maybe the head tilt was from being a bit crooked in the womb. I'm kinda disappointed that it's from an actual injury instead.
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.