The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I'm a little curious with who she was with in Georgia...the GTOBA is fairly small. (And this is just me being curious)

Quote Originally Posted by EqTrainer View Post
    She looks foots sore. Unfortunately, she moves like a heifer. Darn.
    SHe does move pretty bad, but I'm wondering how she moves with Aluminum shoes (assuming she has steels on?)

She also looks NQR to me behind, especially in the underaddle video, but its a shot in the dark as to why. I'd want to flex her and get Xrays of those hocks if I did get her (I being a general term here...)

Wow.

I would call liver chestnut too, but the more I read about new DNA testing to determine color, the less sure I am. She could be a true brown as well, but she has so much lighter coloring in the mane and tail that I would say liver. The only reason for my equivocation is that I have a brown horse who starts out black with her new winter coat, which bleaches out over the months to almost a gold color, but you can see on the hairs when you groom that only the ends are bleached and the base is still very dark. My mare's mane and tail get the bleached lighter colors as well, but are close to black at the base. She is classified as a bay/dark brown.

They've confirmed on the site that she is appropriately dark bay/brown. Has been turned out a year, hence the bleached out tail and forelock. If you look at her mane, it matches. Horse we owned a piece of on the track also colored the same way when brought in from the field late in his 2yo year. After training for 6 months, I didn't recognize him.

Lovely filly. Agree she looks a little foot sore, but also as if she was just brought in after that year on the farm with no work.
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird! View Post
    SHe does move pretty bad, but I'm wondering how she moves with Aluminum shoes (assuming she has steels on?)

She also looks NQR to me behind, especially in the underaddle video, but its a shot in the dark as to why. I'd want to flex her and get Xrays of those hocks if I did get her (I being a general term here...)
    She looks barefoot, no? Regardless. She is so short backed and short coupled and with no suspension to help get out of her own way.. Well.. I am not entirely surprised.

What makes a pretty picture does not always lend itself to pretty movement.

The horse has been turned out for quite some time, apparently but even ifmshe raced yesterday I would say she moves like a heifer. Having bought more than one OTTB I would say she may improve some but for the most part... Moo.
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

1 members found this post helpful.

Definitely a gorgeous liver chestnut.

At first glance, lovely mare, but the under tack video, did anyone notice her left hock on the outside( in he still photo, the tail covers the hock) had been shaved as if she had an injection, also her right hock look capped. Poor mare looks sore all over to me. Maybe needs a chiro to go over her.

FWIW, her sire Soto is a liver chestnut as is Soto's grandsire Crafty Prospector, who has been the most prolific producer of liver chestnuts TBs.

1 members found this post helpful.