The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

My boots came yesterday - 2 weeks early!! I was so excited, but when I opened the box I was disappointed. At the ankle area they used the part of the hide that is in a joint (neck, elbow, etc) and it has this crepe paper look to it. Not sure if there is a reason behind this, but it concerns me because the boots I looked at when I ordered were not like this. I will try to figure out how to post a picture...
    They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken...

Please don't take offense, but those look gross...I would be VERY upset!
    Love my country! Fear my government!
    Roll Tide
    Fenway Park
    Gotrocks

Quote Originally Posted by gotrocks View Post
    Please don't take offense, but those look gross...I would be VERY upset!
    Thanks for being honest. I am pretty upset, too! I was trying to be fair to the company and see if this was something new that had a theory behind it..... but the more I look at them the more upset I get. I tried to call the company yesterday, but the main number had a fax machine. Will try to contain myself until I can talk to them on Monday.

Definitely get them to do something ie a brand new pair!!!! That's unfortunate

I got home and finally got to see mine, which are gorgeous, but after a day of crutching around airports, I couldn't get them to zip up all the way. I'll have to put them on tomorrow morning and see!!

LaBonnieBon, did you contact customer service? There should be an email link somewhere in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by supershorty628 View Post
    I got home and finally got to see mine, which are gorgeous, but after a day of crutching around airports, I couldn't get them to zip up all the way. I'll have to put them on tomorrow morning and see!!

LaBonnieBon, did you contact customer service? There should be an email link somewhere in this thread.
    Do your boots look like mine in the ankle? What kind of leather did you get?

No, mine are perfect and beautiful. I just got the normal leather... nothing fancy.

My pair arrived just now!
    They're absolutely gorgeous but.....

Only the right leg fits. The left one is a finger's width away from closing. Right now it's up about 1/3 of the way, and then it just stops. The other one is perfect, snug but not hurting once it's on.

Trying not to freak out right now, admittedly it's the end of a long day, so I guess my legs are just swollen? The fact that one does up is freaking me out though. Am I being crazy? My left leg has always been quite a bit wider than my right (which is why I finally sucked it up for customs)...so this is totally exploiting my insecurities!

Try them on tomorrow morning You will find there is quite a size difference in your legs between the morning and the evening!

I have some old customs from Vogel that slide on great in the morning, but if I try to put them on at the end of a school day or something like that, it's a huge struggle, particularly with one leg! I know I tried my new La Mundials on yesterday and couldn't get either one zipped up all the way, but they both fit well when I put them on this morning

The rational side of me knew that... thanks for the reality check!

Hope yours are as gorgeous as I think mine are! I'm just sitting here staring at them now

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

I couldn't get my right boot zipped up all the way either-- my calves are much different left to right.

LeBonnie-those look awful! Where were you measured? I'd totally follow up.
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

@LaBonnieBon: Despite its look, does the leather in the ankle part feel good, soft yet strong? Because to me, it looks like my buffalo leather saddle, and it shows a darn good quality leather. I bet you paid an upgrade for the leather, have you?

The grain of the leather might be a bit too obvious for the usual taste but I wouldn't say it is not quality before touching it.

If really that is not what you want, those boots are expensive enough, you should definitively return them.

Quote Originally Posted by alibi_18 View Post
    @LaBonnieBon: Despite its look, does the leather in the ankle part feel good, soft yet strong? Because to me, it looks like my buffalo leather saddle, and it shows a darn good quality leather. I bet you paid an upgrade for the leather, have you?

The grain of the leather might be a bit too obvious for the usual taste but I wouldn't say it is not quality before touching it.

If really that is not what you want, those boots are expensive enough, you should definitively return them.
    The leather does feel strong and I do agree that it is like a buffalo leather saddle - just has a different grain to it. My biggest issue is the boot I was looking at when I was ordering was not at all like this. I did not pay for a leather upgrade and I am wondering if they did one by accident. These do not appear to have the shine the boot I was looking at either. I should have time to draft an email to them tomorrow and will keep everyone posted! Thanks!!

Phewf, mine came about 2 weeks later then they originally estimated. Glad to put them on and see they fit, hard to zip up all the way but my calves are very sore and slightly swollen from an intense weight lifting workout.
    If only horses would use their athletic powers for good instead of evil. ~ MHM

Update on my boots - it took me a bit to get in touch with them due to their move, but that was my decision. I am sure I could have gone postal on them and had a return call sooner, but I patiently waited for them to get situated with the move before contacting them again. As soon as they saw the pictures of my boots, they told me they were making me a new pair. WOW!! I was very happy and delighted I did not have to convince them to make a new pair. They are putting it on a rush order so I should have them in January. Will give an update on the new pair, but thus far I am still very happy with the company. The boots did fit like a glove when I tried them on!

2 members found this post helpful.

That's great news Labonniebon!!