The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Thanks guys--I love the toe! I kept circling by the arena mirrors last night, just so I could see them in action! I have one oddly shaped foot, thanks to bunions (and 3 surgeries to fix them!) and the boots are perfectly fitted around my "frankenfoot"! So comfortable!
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

1 members found this post helpful.

They look lovely. Good for you!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Pretty!! I love love love my La Mundial's! They did rub the outside of my heel where i have the strap that goes over the zipper, but a little mole skin and they are PERFECT. Barely had to break them in!
    He knows when you're happy, He knows when you're comfortable, He knows when you're confident, And he ALWAYS knows when you have carrots

Whoa... Those babies are fancy! Looove them and I love the slim ankle

I LOVE the floral punched toe! Perfect for a little something extra without being over the top. They look great!
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

I'd be lying if I didn't say I was heartbroken to no longer be connected through a pair of boots, buuuutttt.......

Those are GORGEOUS!

(I do not need another pair of boots. I do not need another pair of boots. I do not...........)

Mine should be in the beginning of December! Now you have me eager to smell and feel them!!!
    They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken...

Oh, PNWJumper, on the contrary--your dear, sweet Ariats are still my workaday boot. Now, though, they can go to the cobbler and have hole in the calf repaired so they can continue to serve proudly. No way can Fancy Boots come out to play in lessons! I'll always need a pair of workhorse field boots. If only the La Mundials came in pull-on....sigh.... I do love a good pair of pull on boots! PNWJ's boots are like an old packer who has stepped down out of the big ring to plod around in the 2'6" until retirement

Calvincrowe, they can make pull ons, they just aren't as tightly fitting as the zip-ups (for obvious reasons).

Ah, geez! Not sure I should have been told that, Supershorty!! Calvincrowe does not need more boots...no...no more...

WANT!!!
    Somehow I need to get to a rep so I can get measured. I don't think my old boots are going to fit anymore and after ankle surgery I need some zipper boots!!

Calvincrowe your boots are truly lovely!!!

LordWentworth, there's a map of where the reps are located on their website

Were yours by any chance late in getting to you? I ordered mine in August and they are currently a week late and I'm getting worried.
    If only horses would use their athletic powers for good instead of evil. ~ MHM

I wasn't given a "due by date", I ordered in the thick of the last of the show season rush, so figured it would take 12 weeks at least, and it did. You've got to figure there's a certain amount of paper work sent to Ecuador and boots coming to the US time in the equation.

Where does one get the "gel bands" to cushion your ankle during the break in period (not that there'll be much of a break in session, but my frankenfoot has some odd angles!).

OOh, those look like they might fit me. Don't go out, I'm comin' over.

And who measured you? IMO, getting a good measurer is half the battle.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

I hate you. I almost cried when I was at Equine Affair and saw their booth! They were SO PRETTY! I think I might have weirded out the vendor when I told him I just wanted to pet them for a few minutes....
    "On the back of a horse I felt whole, complete, connected to that vital place in the center of me...and the chaos within me found balance."

Equifit makes nice gel leg bands!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Not to be a buzz kill....but Vogel has been doing that 'flower' toe for over 15 years now.....just sayin

1 members found this post helpful.

Calvincrowe, the gel bands are a wonderful invention and can be found at both Dover and Smartpak.

I ordered a pair of custom la Mundials at April's Equine Affaire, they arrived 1 week earlier than my quoted delivery date (end of June) and were beautiful from the moment they came out of the box. They were initially a bit tall and tight in the calves, but broke in quickly. After using them for a few lessons and then only for a handful of shows (I'd estimate they have about 15 rides on them) the left one is *perfect* and the right one is about 95% perfect. I love mine VERY much and DH plans to order a pair at the 2013 Equine Affaire based on how very nice mine are.
    A good man can make you feel sexy, strong, and able to take on the world.... oh, sorry.... that's wine...wine does that...

Anyone that has la mundials, be a gem and post a picture of them! My trainers son just got a beautiful pair with his initials on the metal piece of the swagger tab and they're gorgeous, but my parents aren't convinced that every pair looks as such and wanted to see more pictures before they will order me a pair.